Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The relationship between anterior and apical compartment support.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1438-1443
- Advanced anterior vaginal wall prolapse is highly correlated with apical prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 1837-1840
- Comparison of levator ani muscle defects and function in women with and without pelvic organ prolapse.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 295-302
- Quantification of major morphological abnormalities of the levator ani.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 29: 329-334
- Histopathological evaluation of the uterosacral ligament: is this a dependable structure for pelvic reconstruction?.BJU Int. 2006; 97: 345-348
- Biomechanical properties of the vaginal wall: effect of pregnancy, elastic fiber deficiency, and pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 590.e1-590.e6
- Biomechanical properties of prolapsed or non-prolapsed vaginal tissue: impact on genital prolapse surgery.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 1535-1538
- Remodeling of vaginal connective tissue in patients with prolapse.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 953-963
- Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase 2 in uterosacral ligaments is associated with pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006; 17: 478-482
- A comparison of preoperative and intraoperative evaluations for patients who undergo site-specific operation for the correction of pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 1155-1159
- A technique to study the passive supports of the uterus.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 72: 940-943
- Traction on the cervix in theatre before anterior repair: does it tell us when to perform a concomitant hysterectomy?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012; 160: 205-209
- The statics of the female pelvic viscera.H. K. Lewis & Co Ltd, London1918
- Cardinal and deep uterosacral ligament lines of action: MRI based 3D technique development and preliminary findings in normal women.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 37-45
- Does pre-operative traction on the cervix approximate intra-operative uterine prolapse? A randomised controlled trial.Int Urogynecol J. 2012; 23: 417-422
- The anatomy and histology of the sacrouterine ligaments.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1950; 59 (illust): 1-12
- The gross and microscopic anatomy of the transverse cervical ligament.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1964; 90: 460-467
- Anatomy and histology of apical support: a literature review concerning cardinal and uterosacral ligaments.Int Urogynecol J. 2012; 23: 1483-1494
- Changes in extracellular matrix proteins in the cardinal ligaments of post-menopausal women with or without prolapse: a computerized immunohistomorphometric analysis.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 2189-2195
- Comparative analysis of pelvic ligaments: a biomechanics study.Int Urogynecol J. 2013; 24: 135-139
- Pelvic connective tissue resilience decreases with vaginal delivery, menopause and uterine prolapse.Br J Surg. 2003; 90: 466-472
- Surgical anatomy of the uterosacral ligament.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 1123-1128
Supported by grant numbers NIH R01 HD 38665 , P50 HD 44406 , and K12 HD004438 .
Drs Delancey and Ashton-Miller have no directly related conflicts of interest for this study but are part of the Pelvic Floor Research Group at the University of Michigan, which receives funding from Johnson & Johnson, American Medical Systems, Kimberly-Clark, and Procter & Gamble. Dr Ashton-Miller receives unrelated funding from Boston Scientific. All other authors have no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Smith TM, Luo J, Hsu Y, et al. A novel technique to measure in vivo uterine suspensory ligament stiffness. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;209:484.e1-7.