Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Organ Support Study (POSST): the distribution, clinical definition, and epidemiologic condition of pelvic organ support defects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 795-806
- Body image perceptions in women with pelvic organ prolapse: a qualitative study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 441.e1-441.e5
- Women seeking treatment for advanced pelvic organ prolapse have decreased body image and quality of life.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1455-1461
- A reliable, valid instrument to assess patient knowledge about urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2008; 19: 1283-1289
- Urinary incontinence knowledge among community-dwelling people 65 years of age and older.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994; 42: 1257-1262
- The presence of female urinary incontinence and reasons for not seeking treatment.N Z Med J. 1988; 101: 756-758
- Patients' understanding of pelvic floor disorders: what women want to know.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 137-142
- Do women understand urogynecologic terminology?.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2011; 17: 215-217
- Evaluating patient learning after an educational program for women with incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2009; 20: 1243-1252
- Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 501-506
- Predicting the number of women who will undergo incontinence and prolapse surgery, 2010 to 2050.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 230.e1-230.e5
- Predictors of hysterectomy use and satisfaction.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 543-551
- Potential relevance of pre-operative quality of life questionnaires to identify candidates for surgical treatment of genital prolapse: a pilot study.BMC Urol. 2012; 12: 9
- Body image and sexuality in women with pelvic organ prolapse.Urol Nurs. 2009; 29: 239-246
Siddiqui NY, Fulton RG, Kuchibhatla M, Wu JM. Sexual function after vaginal versus nonvaginal prolapse surgery. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg;18:4:239-42.
- Patient preparedness: an important predictor of surgical outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197 (654.e1-6)
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Good MM, Korbly N, Kassis NC, et al. Prolapse-related knowledge and attitudes toward the uterus in women with pelvic organ prolapse symptoms. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;209:481.e1-6.