Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
US Census Bureau. Projections of the population by selected age groups and sex for the United States: 2015-2060. Available at: https://www.census.gov/population/projections/data/national/2012/summarytables.html. Accessed Jan. 1, 2013.
- The demographics of pelvic floor disorders: current observations and future projections.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 1496-1503
- Colpocleisis: a review.Int J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006; 17: 261-271
- Three cases of complete prolapsus uteri operated upon according to the method of Leon LeFort.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1881; 14: 866
- The Neugebauer-LeFort operation: a review of 288 colpocleisis.Obstet Gynecol. 1969; 34: 352-357
- Total colpocleisis for vaginal eversion.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 176: 1228-1232
- Pelvic support, pelvic symptoms, and patient satisfaction after colpocleisis.Int Urogynecol J. 2008; 19: 1603-1609
- Colpocleisis for pelvic organ prolapse: patient goals, quality of life and satisfaction.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 341-345
- The relationship between pelvic organ prolapse, genital body image, and sexual health.Neurourol Urodyn. 2012; 31: 1145-1148
- Short forms of two condition-specific quality-of-life questionnaires for women with pelvic floor disorders (PFDI-20 and PFIQ-7).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 103-113
- Women seeking treatment for advanced pelvic organ prolapsed have decreased body image and quality of life.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1455-1461
- Validation of decision-making outcomes for female pelvic floor disorders.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 575.e1-575.e6
- Changes in sexual function after treatment for prolapse are related to the improvement in body image perception.J Sex Med. 2012; 7: 1023-1028
- Forecasting the prevalence of pelvic floor disorders in US women: 2010 to 2050.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 1278-1283
- Effect of patient age on increasing morbidity and mortality following urogynecologic surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1411-1417
- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 53: 86-98
- Sexual function in women with pelvic floor disorders.Am J Urogynecol Rep. 2002; 21: 1-3
- A study of sexuality and health among older adults in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 762-774
- Sexual activities, sexual and life satisfaction, and successful aging in women.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 2401-2410
- Patient-centered surgical outcomes: the impact of goal achievement and urge incontinence on patient satisfaction one year after surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 722-728
- Patient-selected goals: a new perspective on surgical outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 1551-1558
- Colpocleisis and urinary incontinence.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 1241-1244
- LeFort colpocleisis and stress incontinence: weighing the risk of voiding dysfunction with sling placement.Int Urogynecol J. 2011; 22: 1357-1362
- Obliterative LeFort colpocleisis in a large group of elderly women.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 279-284
- Effects of colpocleisis on bowel symptoms among women with severe pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2010; 21: 461-466
- Quality of life after surgery for genital prolapse in elderly women: obliterative and reconstructive surgery.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007; 18 (799-86)
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Crisp CC, Book NM, Smith AL, et al. Body image, regret, and satisfaction following colpocleisis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;209:473.e1-7.