Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 80: premature rupture of membranes.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1007-1019
- Preterm premature rupture of the membranes.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 178-193
- Preterm premature rupture of membranes, intrauterine infection, and oligohydramnios: risk factors for placental abruption.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 71-77
- Does prolonged preterm premature rupture of the membranes predispose to abruptio placenta?.Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 74: 347-350
- The NICHD-MFMU antibiotic treatment of preterm PROM study: Impact of initial amniotic fluid volume on pregnancy outcome: NICHD-MFMU Network.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 438-445
- Expectant management of preterm premature rupture of membranes and nonvertex presentation: what are the risks?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 566.e1-566.e6
- Risk factors for preterm premature rupture of fetal membranes: a multicenter case-control study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163: 130-137
- Residual amniotic fluid volume in preterm rupture of membranes: association with fetal presentation and incidence of clinical and histologic evidence of infection.Am J Perinatal. 1997; 14: 125-128
- Influence of gestational age on the time from spontaneous rupture of the chorioamniotic membranes to the onset of labor.Am J Perinatol. 1997; 14: 129-133
- Placental abruption and perinatal mortality with preterm delivery as a mediator: disentangling direct and indirect effects.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 174: 98-108
- The relationship between oligohydramnios and the onset of preterm labor in preterm premature rupture of the membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 459-462
- Association of prolonged, preterm premature rupture of the membranes and abruptio placentae.J Rep Med. 1986; 31: 249-253
- Placental abruption and its association with hypertension and prolonged rupture of membranes: a methodologic review and metaanalaysis.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 309-318
- Placental abruption in term and preterm gestations: evidence for heterogeneity in clinical pathways.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 785-792
- Spontaneous version following preterm premature rupture of membranes.Am J Perinatol. 2006; 23: 201-204
- Preterm premature rupture of membranes in the presence of cerclage: is the risk for intra-uterine infection and adverse neonatal outcome increased?.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 424-428
- Preterm premature ruptured membranes: a randomized trial of steroids after treatment with antibiotics.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 801-805
- The use of dexamethasone in women with preterm premature rupture of membranes: a multicentre, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial: Dexiprom Study Group.S Afr Med J. 1999; 89: 865-870
- Chorioamnionitis increases neonatal morbidity in pregnancies complicated by preterm premature rupture of membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1162-1166
- Preterm premature rupture of membranes: diagnosis, evaluation and management strategies.BJOG. 2005; 112: 32-37
- Continuing challenges in treating preterm labour: preterm prelabour rupture of the membranes.BJOG. 2006; 113: 111-112
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Goodman JR, Lambert AE, Peck JD, et al. Outcomes in cephalic vs noncephalic presentation in the setting of preterm premature rupture of membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;208:231.e1-8.