Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Alpha2HS-glycoprotein, an antagonist of transforming growth factor beta in vivo, inhibits intestinal tumor progression.Cancer Res. 2004; 64: 6402-6409
- Characterization of a natural inhibitor of the insulin receptor tyrosine kinase: cDNA cloning, purification, and anti-mitogenic activity.Cell. 1989; 58: 631-640
- Serum alpha 2-HS-glycoprotein is an inhibitor of the human insulin receptor at the tyrosine kinase level.Mol Endocrinol. 1993; 7: 1445-1455
- Association between human fetuin-A and the metabolic syndrome: data from the Heart and Soul Study.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1760-1767
- Plasma fetuin-A levels and the risk of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes. 2008; 57: 2762-2767
- An integrated approach to diabetic retinopathy research.Arch Ophthalmol. 2011; 129: 230-235
- Signaling by insulin and IGF receptors: supporting acts and new players.J Mol Endocrinol. 2011; 47: R1-R10
- The nucleotide and partial amino acid sequences of rat fetuin: identity with the natural tyrosine kinase inhibitor of the rat insulin receptor.Eur J Biochem. 1992; 204: 523-529
- The “thrifty” gene encoding Ahsg/Fetuin-A meets the insulin receptor: insights into the mechanism of insulin resistance.Cell Signal. 2011; 23: 980-990
- Endocrine regulation of feto-placental growth.Horm Res. 2009; 72: 257-265
- Maternal growth factor regulation of human placental development and fetal growth.J Endocrinol. 2010; 207: 1-16
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) activities in human trophoblast cell cultures through IGF-I/insulin hybrid receptors.Endocr J. 2010; 57: 193-200
- Strategies for overcoming resistance to EGFR family tyrosine kinase inhibitors.Cancer Treat Rev. 2011; 37: 456-464
- Impairment of insulin receptor signal transduction in placentas of intra-uterine growth-restricted newborns and its relationship with fetal growth.Eur J Endocrinol. 2011; 164: 45-52
- Effect of glucose and oxygen deprivation on hem oxygenase expression in human chorionic villi explants and immortalized trophoblast cells.Am J Physiol Regul Integr Com Physiol. 2003; 285: R1453-R1460
- Localization of transforming growth factor-beta at the human fetal-maternal interface: role in trophoblast growth and differentiation.Biol Reprod. 1992; 46: 561-572
- Syncytiotrophoblast is a barrier to maternal-fetal transmission of herpes simplex virus.Biol Reprod. 2002; 67: 1572-1579
- Binding of antibodies against high and low molecular weight cytokeratin proteins in the human placenta with special reference to infarcts, proliferation and differentiation processes.Histochem J. 1997; 29: 419-430
- Regulated expression of cadherin-11 in human extravillous cytotrophoblasts undergoing aggregation and fusion in response to transforming growth factor beta.J Reprod Fertil. 1998; 114: 357-363
- Lipopolysaccharide induces cytokine production and decreases extravillous trophoblast invasion through a mitogen-activated protein kinase-mediated pathway: possible mechanisms of first trimester placental dysfunction.Hum Reprod. 2011; 27: 61-72
- Health ABC Study: fetuin-A and incident diabetes mellitus in older persons.JAMA. 2008; 300: 182-188
- Studies on fetuin, a glycoprotein of fetal serum: I, Isolation, chemical composition, and physiochemical properties.J Biol Chem. 1960; 235: 2860-2869
- The physiologic development of fetuin-A serum concentrations in children.Pediatr Res. 2009; 66: 660-664
- The serum glycoprotein fetuin-A promotes Lewis lung carcinoma tumorigenesis via adhesive-dependent and adhesive-independent mechanisms.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 499-506
- A quick and simple method for the quantitation of lactate dehydrogenase release in measurements of cellular cytotoxicity and tumor necrosis factor (TNF) activity.J Immunol Methods. 1988; 115: 61-69
- Placental infection with human papillomavirus is associated with spontaneous preterm delivery.Hum Reprod. 2008; 23: 709-715
- Trophoblast infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae and adverse pregnancy outcomes associated with placental dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200: 526.e1-526.e7
- Insulin-like growth factor type 1 receptor and insulin receptor isoform expression and signaling in mammary epithelial cells.Endocrinology. 2009; 150: 3611-3619
- Evaluating the association between all components of the metabolic syndrome and pre-eclampsia.J Mat Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009; 22: 501-509
- Practice bulletin no. 33: diagnosis and management of preeclampsia and eclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 99: 159-167
- Fetuin-A stabilizes m-calpain and facilitates plasma membrane repair.J Biol Chem. 2007; 282: 35868-35877
- Fetuin-A induces cytokine expression and suppresses adiponectin production.PLoS One. 2008; 3: e1765
- Is fetuin-A/alpha2-Heremans-Schmid glycoprotein associated with the metabolic syndrome in patients with chronic kidney disease?.Am J Nephrol. 2008; 28: 669-676
- Alpha 2-Heremans-Schmid glycoprotein/fetuin-A is associated with insulin resistance and fat accumulation in the liver in humans.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 853-857
- Elevated fetuin-A concentrations in morbid obesity decrease after dramatic weight loss.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 4877-4881
- Metabolic score as a novel approach to assessing preeclampsia risk.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 411.e1-411.e5
- Preeclampsia is associated with decreased serum alpha(2)-HS glycoprotein (fetuin-A) concentration.Hypertension Res. 2009; 32: 665-669
Supported by a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship Training Program grant and by a University of Pennsylvania Research Foundation Grant.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Gomez LM, Anton L, Srinivas SK, et al. Effects of increased fetuin-A in human trophoblast cells and associated pregnancy outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:484.e1-8.