Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ACOG committee opinion no. 378: vaginal “rejuvenation” and cosmetic vaginal procedures.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 737-738
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.Accessed May 13, 2012)
- Female genital appearance: “normality” unfolds.BJOG. 2005; 112: 643-646
- Labiaplasty of the labia minora: patients' indications for pursuing surgery.J Sex Med. 2008; 5: 1492-1495
- Female attitudes regarding labia minora appearance and reduction with consideration of media influences.Aesthetic Surg J. 2009; 29: 65-71
- Female genital cosmetic surgery: a critical review of current knowledge and contemporary debates.J Womens Health. 2010; 19: 1393-1407
- Expectations and experience of labial reduction: a qualitative study.Br J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 114: 1493-1499
- Labial surgery—a new phenomenon?.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009; 62: 289
- Visual depictions of female genitalia differ depending on source.Med Humanit. 2010; 36: 75-79
- Short forms of two condition-specific quality-of-life questionnaires for women with pelvic floor disorders (PFDI-20 and PFIQ-7).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 103-113
- Petals.Crystal River Publisher, San Diego, CA2003
- Clinical gynecologic endocrinology and infertility.in: 7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2005: 632
- Menarche, menopause and intervening fecundability.Hum Biol. 1974; 46: 89
- Female genital cosmetic surgery—the future.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009; 62: 290-291
- A large multicenter outcome study of female genital plastic surgery.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 1565-1577
- Self-assessment of genital anatomy, sexual sensitivity, and function in women: implications of genitoplasty.BJU Int. 2004; 94: 589-594
S.A.K. serves as consultant for Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc; BioSante Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer, Inc; Trimel BioPharm Inc; Novo Nordisk; and Sprout. She is on the scientific advisory board for Viveve, in which she owns stock, and is a clinical investigator for Palatin and BioSante. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Yurteri-Kaplan LA, Antosh Danielle D, Sokol Andrew I, et al. Interest in cosmetic vulvar surgery and perception of vulvar appearance. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:428.e1-7.