Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Raza-Khan F, Cunkelman J, Lowenstein L, Shott S, Kenton K. Prevalence of bowel symptoms in women with pelvic floor disorders. Int Urogynecol J;21:933-8.
- Symptoms of anal incontinence and difficult defecation among women with prolapse and a matched control cohort.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 509.e1-509.e6
- Clinical significance of obstructive defecatory symptoms in women with pelvic organ prolapse.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010; 111: 237-240
- Correlation of symptoms with location and severity of pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 1332-1338
- Pelvic organ prolapse, constipation, and dietary fiber intake in women: a case-control study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1687-1691
- Bowel symptoms in women 1 year after sacrocolpopexy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 642.e1-642.e8
- Bowel symptoms in women planning surgery for pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 1814-1819
- Posterior vaginal prolapse and bowel function.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 1446-1450
- Evaluation and treatment of anal incontinence, constipation, and defecatory dysfunction.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2009; 36: 673-697
- An anatomic and functional assessment of the discrete defect rectocele repair.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 1451-1457
- Bowel symptoms 1 year after surgery for prolapse: further analysis of a randomized trial of rectocele repair.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 76.e1-76.e5
- Porcine subintestinal submucosal graft augmentation for rectocele repair: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 125-133
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Short forms of two condition-specific quality-of-life questionnaires for women with pelvic floor disorders (PFDI-20 and PFIQ-7).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 103-113
- An evidence-based approach to the management of chronic constipation in North America.Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: S1-S4
- Self-perceived normality in defecation habits.Dig Liver Dis. 2006; 38: 103-108
- Assessment of normal bowel habits in the general adult population: the Popcol study.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010; 45: 556-566
- Randomized controlled trial between perineal and anal repairs of rectocele in obstructed defecation.World J Surg. 2010; 34: 822-829
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; 4 (CD004014)
- Defecography in normal volunteers: results and implications.Gut. 1989; 30: 1737-1749
- Treating pelvic floor disorders of defecation: management or cure?.Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2009; 11: 278-287
V.W.S. is supported by grant number K23HD060665 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development .
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development or the National Institutes of Health.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Sung VW, Rardin CR, Raker CA, et al. Changes in bowel symptoms 1 year after rectocele repair. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:423.e1-5.
Reprints not available from the authors.