Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Urinary incontinence in US women: a population-based study.Arch Int Med. 2005; 165: 537-542
- Sexual function in women with and without urinary incontinence and/or pelvic organ prolapsed.Int Urogyn J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2001; 12: 361-365
- Sexual function in women with urinary incontinence.Int J Impot Res. 2005; 17: 248-251
- Quality of life in women with stress urinary incontinence.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007; 18: 543-549
- The impact of stress incontinence surgery on female sexual function.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200: 562.e1-562.e7
- Sexual function following retropubic TVT and transobturator Monarc sling in women with intrinsic sphincter deficiency: a multicenter prospective study.Int Urogyn J July. 2012; 23: 153-158
- Complications associated with transobturator sling procedures: analysis of 233 consecutive cases with a 27 month follow-up.BMC Womens Health. 2009; 9: 28
- Female sexual function after surgery for stress urinary incontinence: transobturator suburethral tape vs tension free vaginal tape obturator.J Sex Med. 2008; 5: 400-406
- The trial of mid-urethral slings (TOMUS): design and methodology.J Applied Res. 2008; 8: 1-13
- Retropubic versus transobturator midurethral slings for stress incontinence.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2066-2076
- A short form of the Pelvic Organ Prolapse/Urinary Incontinence Sexual Questionnaire (PISQ-12).Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2003; 14 (Erratum in: Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2004; 15:219): 164-168
- The minimum important differences for the urinary scales of the Pelvic Floor Distress Inventory and Pelvic Floor Impact Questionnaire.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 200: 580.e1-580.e7
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.Academic Press Inc, New York1977
- Patient satisfaction with stress incontinence surgery.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 1403-1409
- The impact of stress urinary incontinence on sexual activity in women.Cleve Clin J Med. 2005; 72: 225-232
- Mixed urinary incontinence symptoms.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 76-83
- Demographic and clinical predictors of treatment failure one year after midurethral sling surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 913-921
- Sexual experiences of men with incontinent partners.J Sex Med. 2010; 7 (Erratum in: J Sex Med 2010;7:2295): 1877-1882
Supported by cooperative agreements from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases ( U01 DK58225 , U01 DK58229 , U01 DK58234 , U01 DK58231 , U01 DK60379 , U01 DK60380 , U01DK60393 , U01 DK60395 , U01 DK60397 , and U01DK 60401 ) and by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and Office of Research in Women's Health, National Institutes of Health.
H.M.Z. is a consultant for Johnson & Johnson Inc. L.R. holds a research grant from Pfizer . The remaining authors report no potential conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Zyczynski HM, Rickey L, Dyer KY, et al. Sexual activity and function in women more than 2 years after midurethral sling placement. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:421.e1-6.