Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Quality of life after laparoscopic and abdominal hysterectomy: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 85-91
- The eVALuate study; two parallel randomised trials, one comparing laparoscopic with abdominal hysterectomy, the other comparing laparoscopic with vaginal hysterectomy.Br Med J. 2004; 328: 129
- Outpatient laparoscopic hysterectomy: evaluation of pain.JSLS. 2011; 15: 346-349
- Inpatient hospital admission and death after outpatient surgery in elderly patients: importance of patient and system characteristics and location of care.Arch Surg. 2004; 139: 67-72
- Considerations for patients with obstructive sleep apnea undergoing ambulatory surgery.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2011; 24: 605-611
- Transversus abdominis plane block for laparoscopic surgery.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 102: 143-144
- The evolution of analgesia in an ‘accelerated’ recovery programme for resectional laparoscopic colorectal surgery with anastomosis.Colorectal Dis. 2010; 12: 119-124
- Transversus abdominis plane infiltration and quality of recovery after laparoscopic hysterectomy: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1230-1237
- The role of transversus abdominis plane blocks in women undergoing total laparoscopic hysterectomy: a retrospective review.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011; 51: 544-547
- Development and Psychometric testing of a quality of recovery score after general anesthesia and surgery in adults.Anesth Analg. 1999; 88: 83
- Validity and reliability of a postoperative quality of recovery score: the QoR-40.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 84: 11-15
- A systematic review of postoperative recovery outcomes measurements after ambulatory surgery.Anesth Analg. 2007; 105: 63-69
- A comparison of patient self-administered and investigator-administered measurement of quality of recovery using the QoR-40.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2006; 34: 634-638
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Quality of life at three years after cardiac surgery: relationship with preoperative status and quality of recovery.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2006; 34: 176-183
- The analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Anesth Analg. 2008; 106: 186-191
- The transversus abdominis plane block provides effective postoperative analgesia in patients undergoing total abdominal hysterectomy.Anesth Analg. 2008; 107: 2056-2060
- Efficacy of transversus abdominis plane blocks in laparoscopic colorectal resections.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 2480-2484
- Ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane block: description of a new technique and comparison with conventional systemic analgesia during laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 102: 763-767
- Transversus abdominis plane block does not provide additional benefit to multimodal analgesia in gynecological cancer surgery.Anesth Analg. 2010; 111: 797-801
- A dose-ranging study of the effect of transversus abdominis block on postoperative quality of recovery and analgesia after outpatient laparoscopy.Anesth Analg. 2011; 113: 1218-1225
- An ultrasound review of failed tap blocks to establish anesthetic locality.Accessed Dec. 27, 2011)
- Perioperative transversus abdominis plane (TAP) blocks for analgesia after abdominal surgery.John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester (UK)2010 (Cochrane Review)
- A meta-analysis on the clinical effectiveness of transversus abdominis plane block.J Clin Anesth. 2011; 23: 7-14
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Kane SM, Garcia-Tomas V, Alejandro-Rodriguez M, et al. Randomized trial of transversus abdominis plane block at total laparoscopic hysterectomy: effect of regional analgesia on quality of recovery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:419.e1-5.