Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Creasy and Resnik's maternal-fetal medicine: principles and practice.Saunders/Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2009
- Antenatal testing–a reevaluation: executive summary of a Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development workshop.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 687-701
- Approximately one-third of medically indicated late preterm births are complicated by fetal growth restriction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 263.e1-263.e4
- The research implications of the selection of a gestational age estimation method.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2007; 21: 86-96
- Fetal growth and perinatal viability in California.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 59: 624-632
- A United States national reference for fetal growth.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 163-168
- A customized standard to assess fetal growth in a US population.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 25.e1-25.e7
- Adverse pregnancy outcome and association with small for gestational age birthweight by customized and population-based percentiles.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 28.e1-28.e8
- Application of a customized birthweight standard in the assessment of perinatal outcome in a high risk population.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998; 105: 531-535
- Perinatal outcome in SGA births defined by customized versus population-based birthweight standards.BJOG. 2001; 108: 830-834
- A customized birthweight centile calculator developed for a New Zealand population.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004; 44: 428-431
- Estimation of fetal weight with the use of head, body, and femur measurements–a prospective study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 151: 333-337
- Prediction of intrauterine fetal death in small-for-gestational-age fetuses: impact of including ultrasound biometry in customized models.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 39: 288-292
- New definition of small for gestational age based on fetal growth potential.Horm Res. 2006; 65: 15-18
- A customized standard of large size for gestational age to predict intrapartum morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 499.e1-499.e10
- Risk of morbid perinatal outcomes in small-for-gestational-age pregnancies: customized compared with conventional standards of fetal growth.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 21-27
- Intrauterine growth as estimated from liveborn birth-weight data at 24 to 42 weeks of gestation.Pediatrics. 1963; 32: 793-800
- A standard of fetal growth for the United States of America.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1976; 126: 555-564
This research was funded in part by the Larry C. Gilstrap, MD, Center for Perinatal and Women's Health Research.
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and are not to be construed as official or reflecting the views of the Department of the Army or the Department of Defense.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the author.
Cite this article as: Kase BA, Carreno CA, Blackwell SC. Customized estimated fetal weight: a novel antenatal tool to diagnose abnormal fetal growth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;207:218.e1-5.