Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 501-506
- Rising use of synthetic mesh in transvaginal pelvic reconstructive surgery: a review of the risk of vaginal erosion.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2007; 14: 564-569
- Low-weight polypropylene mesh for anterior vaginal wall prolapse: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 455-462
- Outcome after anterior vaginal prolapse repair: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 891-898
- Complication and reoperation rates after apical vaginal prolapse surgical repair: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 367-373
- FDA safety communication: update on serious complications associated with transvaginal placement of surgical mesh for pelvic organ prolapse.Accessed July 13, 2011)
- Early experience with mesh excision for adverse outcomes after transvaginal mesh placement using prolapse kits.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 703.e1-703.e7
- An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)/International Continence Society (ICS) joint terminology and classification of the complications related directly to the insertion of prostheses (meshes, implants, tapes) and grafts in female pelvic floor surgery.Neurourol Urodyn. 2011; 30: 2-12
- Complications of vaginal mesh: our experience.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2009; 20: 893-896
- Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey.Ann Surg. 2004; 240: 205-213
- The Accordion severity grading system of surgical complications.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 177-186
- Efficacy and safety of transvaginal mesh kits in the treatment of prolapse of the vaginal apex: a systematic review.BJOG. 2009; 116: 15-24
- Vaginal mesh erosion after transvaginal repair of cystocele using Gynemesh or Gynemesh-Soft in 138 women: a comparative study.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007; 18: 73-79
- Vaginal mesh for prolapse: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 293-303
- Incidence and management of graft erosion, wound granulation, and dyspareunia following vaginal prolapse repair with graft materials: a systematic review; for the Systematic Review Group of the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2011; 22: 789-798
- Mesh contraction: myth or reality?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 173.e1-173.e4
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Tunitsky E, Abbott S, Barber MD. Interrater reliability of the International Continence Society and International Urogynecological Association (ICS/IUGA) classification system for mesh-related complications. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:442.e1-6.