Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Chronic lung disease after premature birth.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 1946-1955
- Control mechanisms of lung alveolar development and their disorders in bronchopulmonary dysplasia.Pediatr Res. 2005; 57: 38-46
- The “new” bronchopulmonary dysplasia: challenges and commentary.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009; 14: 345-357
- The new BPD: an arrest of lung development.Pediatr Res. 1999; 46: 641-643
- Transplantation of allogeneic and xenogeneic placenta-derived cells reduces bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis.Cell Transplant. 2009; 18: 405-422
- Human amnion epithelial cell transplantation abrogates lung fibrosis and augments repair.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 182: 643-651
- Human amnion epithelial cells prevent bleomycin-induced lung injury and preserve lung function.Cell Transplant. 2011; 20: 909-923
- Amnion epithelial cell isolation and characterization for clinical use.Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol. 2010; (Chapter 1:Unit 1E.6)
- Ventilation of the very immature lung in utero induces injury and BPD-like changes in lung structure in fetal sheep.Pediatr Res. 2008; 64: 387-392
- Persistent bronchiolar remodeling following brief ventilation of the very immature ovine lung.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009; 297: L992-L1001
- Isolation of amniotic stem cell lines with potential for therapy.Nat Biotechnol. 2007; 1: 100-106
- Human amniotic fluid stem cells can integrate and differentiate into epithelial lung lineages.Stem Cells. 2008; 26: 2902-2911
- Early biomarkers and potential mediators of ventilation-induced lung injury in very preterm lambs.Respir Res. 2009; 10: 19
- Cytokine expression in naive and previously infected lambs after challenge with Teladorsagia circumcincta.Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007; 120: 47-54
- Early gestational intra-amniotic endotoxin: lung function, surfactant, and morphometry.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 165: 805-811
- Drug therapies in bronchopulmonary dysplasia: debunking the myths.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009; 14: 383-390
- Human amnion epithelial cells as a treatment for inflammation-induced fetal lung injury in sheep.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: 156.e26-156.e33
- Bone marrow stromal cells attenuate lung injury in a murine model of neonatal chronic lung disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 1122-1130
- Airway delivery of mesenchymal stem cells prevents arrested alveolar growth in neonatal lung injury in rats.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 1131-1142
- Human amnion epithelial cells do not abrogate pulmonary fibrosis in mice with impaired macrophage function.Cell Transplantation. 2012; (in press)
- Immunosuppressive factors secreted by human amniotic epithelial cells.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005; 46: 900-907
- Identification of antiangiogenic and antiinflammatory proteins in human amniotic membrane.Cornea. 2000; 19: 348-352
- Antenatal factors and the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia.Semin Neonatol. 2003; 8: 9-17
- Inflammation and bronchopulmonary dysplasia.Semin Neonatol. 2003; 8: 29-38
- Beyond TGF-[beta]: a prostaglandin promotes fibrosis.Nat Med. 2009; 15: 1360-1361
- Reversal of myofibroblasts by amniotic membrane stromal extract.J Cell Physiol. 2008; 215: 657-664
- Suppression of TGF-beta signaling in both normal conjunctival fibroblasts and pterygial body fibroblasts by amniotic membrane.Curr Eye Res. 2000; 20: 325-334
- Suppression of transforming growth factor-beta isoforms, TGF-beta receptor type II, and myofibroblast differentiation in cultured human corneal and limbal fibroblasts by amniotic membrane matrix.J Cell Physiol. 1999; 179: 325-335
- Association of pulmonary inflammation and increased microvascular permeability during the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia: a sequential analysis of inflammatory mediators in respiratory fluids of high-risk preterm neonates.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 712-718
- Blood cytokines during the perinatal period in very preterm infants: relationship of inflammatory response and bronchopulmonary dysplasia.J Pediatr. 2009; 154: 39-43
- Injury and repair in the very immature lung following brief mechanical ventilation.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2011; 301: L917-L926
- Patterns of antenatal corticosteroid prescribing 1998-2004.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007; 47: 42-45
- Stem cells derived from human fetal membranes display multilineage differentiation potential.Biol Reprod. 2007; 77: 577-588
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study was supported by project grant 606438 from the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia , a Glynn White Research Scholarship (R.J.H.) from the RANZCOG Research Foundation, and the Victorian Government's Operational Infrastructure Support Program.
Cite this article as: Hodges RJ, Jenkin G, Hooper SB, et al. Human amnion epithelial cells reduce ventilation-induced preterm lung injury in fetal sheep. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:448.e8-15.