Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 43.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 1039-1047
- Compromised birth outcomes and infant mortality among racial and ethnic groups.Demography. 1996; 33: 469-481
- The increasing racial disparity in infant mortality: respiratory distress syndrome and other causes.Demography. 2004; 41: 773-800
- Influence of ethnic origin on respiratory distress syndrome in very premature infants.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 1998; 78: F25-F28
- Pharmacogenetics: the therapeutic drug monitoring of the future?.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2001; 40: 783-802
- Clinical pharmacogenetics implementation consortium guidelines for cytochrome P450-2C19 (CYP2C19) genotype and clopidogrel therapy.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011; 90: 328-332
- Testing of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 alleles to guide warfarin dosing.PLoS Curr. 2010; 2
- CYP3A7, CYP3A5, CYP3A4, and ABCB1 genetic polymorphisms, cyclosporine concentration, and dose requirement in transplant recipients.Ther Drug Monit. 2008; 30: 689-699
- Unchanged cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) expression and metabolism of midazolam, triazolam, and dexamethasone in mdr(−/−) mouse liver microsomes.Biochem Pharmacol. 1999; 57: 1227-1232
- The glucocorticoid receptor heterocomplex gene STIP1 is associated with improved lung function in asthmatic subjects treated with inhaled corticosteroids.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009; 123 (e7): 1376-1383
- Corticosteroid pharmacogenetics: association of sequence variants in CRHR1 with improved lung function in asthmatics treated with inhaled corticosteroids.Hum Mol Genet. 2004; 13: 1353-1359
- Asthma steroid pharmacogenetics: a study strategy to identify replicated treatment responses.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2004; 1: 364-367
- Neonatal outcomes of extremely preterm infants from the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 443-456
- Collection of human genomic DNA from neonates: a comparison between umbilical cord blood and buccal swabs.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 362e1-362e6
- Importin-13 genetic variation is associated with improved airway responsiveness in childhood asthma.Respir Res. 2009; 10: 67
- The pharmacogenetics of asthma treatment.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2009; 9: 10-17
- Genetic contribution to variable human CYP3A-mediated metabolism.Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2002; 54: 1271-1294
- The role of individual human cytochromes P450 in drug metabolism and clinical response.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 1992; 13: 434-439
- In vitro and in vivo drug interactions involving human CYP3A.Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998; 38: 389-430
- Effects of pregnancy on CYP3A and P-glycoprotein activities as measured by disposition of midazolam and digoxin: a University of Washington specialized center of research study.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 84: 248-253
- Temporal changes in drug metabolism (CYP1A2, CYP2D6 and CYP3A Activity) during pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 633-639
- A common polymorphism in the CYP3A7 gene is associated with a nearly 50% reduction in serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 5313-5316
- Variability of CYP3A7 expression in human fetal liver.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005; 314: 626-635
- Multidrug resistance phosphoglycoprotein (ABCB1) expression in the guinea pig placenta: developmental changes and regulation by betamethasone.Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009; 87: 973-978
- ABCB1 genotype and PGP expression, function and therapeutic drug response: a critical review and recommendations for future research.Pharmacogenomics J. 2006; 7: 154-179
- Glucocorticoid resistance.Endocr Dev. 2011; 20: 127-136
- Molecular properties and pharmacogenetics of a polymorphism of adenylyl cyclase type 9 in asthma: interaction between beta-agonist and corticosteroid pathways.Hum Mol Genet. 2005; 14: 1671-1677
- Choice and dose of corticosteroid for antenatal treatments.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 878-881
- Neonatal outcomes with different betamethasone dosing regimens: a comparison.J Reprod Med. 2005; 50: 915-922
- Glucocorticoid levels in maternal and cord serum after prenatal betamethasone therapy to prevent respiratory distress syndrome.J Clin Invest. 1975; 56: 1548-1554
- Are we optimizing gestational diabetes treatment with glyburide?.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 85: 607-614
Supported by grants 5K23HD055305 (DMH) and 5U01HD063094.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from authors.
Cite this article as: Haas DM, Lehmann AS, Skaar T, et al. The impact of drug metabolizing enzyme polymorphisms on outcomes after antenatal corticosteroid use. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:447.e17-24.