Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Thrombophilia: a mechanism of disease in women with adverse pregnancy outcome and thrombotic lesions in the placenta.J Matern Fetal Med. 1998; 7: 277-286
- Relevance of markers of hemostasis activation in obstetrics/gynecology and pediatrics.Semin Thromb Hemost. 1998; 24: 443-448
- Activation of coagulation system in preterm labor and preterm premature rupture of membranes.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2002; 11: 368-373
- Thrombin-antithrombin III complexes and antithrombin III in amniotic fluid.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1997; 43: 29-33
- Changes in amniotic fluid concentration of thrombin-antithrombin III complexes in patients with preterm labor: evidence of an increased thrombin generation.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009; 22: 971-982
- The role of thrombin in preterm parturition.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 1059-1063
- Plasma levels of thrombin-antithrombin complexes predict preterm premature rupture of fetal membranes.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2001; 10: 297-300
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor in patients with preterm parturition and microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005; 18: 405-416
- Tissue prothrombin.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1997; 17: 2430-2436
- Intrauterine expression of prothrombin in the Sprague-Dawley rat.J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2002; 9: 276-281
- Proteinase-activated receptors.Pharmacol Rev. 2001; 53: 245-282
- Protease-activated receptors in inflammation, neuronal signaling and pain.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2001; 22: 146-152
- Oxytocic action of thrombin upon rat's uterus in vitro.Ginekol Pol. 1975; 46: 783-786
- Effects of thrombin on myometrial contractions in vitro and in vivo.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 799-804
- Thrombin and PAR1-activating peptide: effects on human uterine contractility in vivo.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 1098-1105
- The mechanisms underlying the stimulatory effects of thrombin on myometrial smooth muscle.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 674-681
- The preterm parturition syndrome.BJOG. 2006; 113: 17-42
- Recurrence of spontaneous versus medically indicated preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 643-650
- Pathogenesis and genetics of pre-eclampsia.Lancet. 2001; 357: 53-56
- Trends in preterm birth and perinatal mortality among singletons: United States, 1989 through 2000.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 1084-1091
- Thrombin-antithrombin III complexes in type II diabetes mellitus.J Diabetes Complications. 1992; 6: 7-11
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Vidaeff AC, Monga M, Saade G, et al. Prospective investigation of second-trimester thrombin activation and preterm birth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:333.e1-6.