Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The Pfannenstiel incision as a source of chronic pain.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 839-846
- Laparoscopic compared with robotic sacrocolpopexy for vaginal prolapse: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1005-1013
- Laparoscopic and abdominal sacral colpopexies: a comparative cohort study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1752-1758
- A comparison of costs for abdominal, laparoscopic, and robot-assisted sacral colpopexy.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2009; 20: 223-228
- Laparoscopic hernia repair enhances early return of physical work capacity.Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2001; 11: 28-33
- A new parameter for assessing postoperative recovery of physical activity using an accelerometer.Surg Today. 2003; 33: 645-650
- Is laparoscopic colorectal surgery less invasive than classical open surgery?.Surg Endosc. 2003; 17: 1269-1273
- Automated physical activity monitoring: validation and comparison with physiological and self-report measures.Psychophysiology. 1993; 30: 296-305
- Computerized monitoring of physical activity and sleep in postoperative abdominal surgery patients.J Clin Monit Comput. 1999; 15: 1-8
- SF-36 health survey update.Accessed Oct. 30, 2008.)
- Resumption of daily physical activity after day-case laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Surg Endosc. 2009; 23: 2034-2040
- Laparoscopic versus open myomectomy: a double-blind study to evaluate postoperative pain.Anesth Analg. 2006; 102: 1480-1484
- comparison of the sit-to-stand test with 6 min walk test in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Respir Med. 2007; 191: 286-293
- Acquired weakness, handgrip strength, and mortality in critically ill patients.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 178: 261-268
- The Harvard step test and work capacity.Rev Can Biol. 1953; 11: 491-499
P.K.T. has received a grant from Astellas Pharma US Inc , is a former proctor for Intuitive Surgical Inc, and receives a speaker's honorarium from Ethicon.
Funded by the Hartford Hospital Small Grant Program, SG-129512 (S.A.C.).
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Collins SA, Tulikangas PK, O'Sullivan DM. Effect of surgical approach on physical activity and pain control after sacral colpopexy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:438.e1-6.