Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ballooning of the levator hiatus.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 676-680
- Biometry of the pubovisceral muscle and levator hiatus by three-dimensional pelvic floor ultrasound.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 25: 580-585
- Intrapartum risk factors of levator trauma.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2010; 117: 1485-1492
- Levator trauma after vaginal delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 707-712
- Avulsion injury and levator hiatal ballooning: two independent risk factors for prolapse?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011 Nov 4; (2011) ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0412.2011.01315.x
- Ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor: 3D aspects.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 23: 615-625
- Size of the urogenital hiatus in the levator ani muscles in normal women and women with pelvic organ prolapse.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 91: 364-368
- Pelvic organ descent and symptoms of pelvic floor disorders.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 53-57
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Interobserver and intraobserver reliability of the proposed International Continence Society, Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, and American Urogynecologic Society pelvic organ prolapse classification system [see comments].American Urogynecologic Society pelvic organ prolapse classification system [see comments]. 1996; 175 (discussion 1470): 1467-1470
- Biometry of the pubovisceral muscle and levator hiatus in nulliparous Chinese women.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 26: 710-716
- Test-retest and intra-observer reliability of two, three and four-dimensional perineal ultrasound of pelvic floor muscle anatomy and function.Int Urogynecol J. 2008; 19: 227-235
- Pelvic floor function in nulliparous women imaged using 3D ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 631-638
- Levator co-activation is a significant confounder of pelvic organ descent on Valsalva maneuver.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 346-350
- Symptoms of female pelvic organ prolapse: correlation with organ descent in women with single compartment prolapse.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008; 48: 317-321
- Validation of the ICS proposed pelvic organ prolapse descriptive system [abstract].Neurourol Urodynam. 1995; 14: 414-415
- Levator contraction strength and genital hiatus as risk factors for recurrent pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1592-1598
- Pelvic organ support study (POSST): the distribution, clinical definition, and epidemiologic condition of pelvic organ support defects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 795-806
- Is there a pelvic organ prolapse threshold that predicts pelvic floor symptoms?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 683.e1-683.e7
- Can the levator hiatus be reduced surgically?.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 38: 274
H.P.D. has in the past acted as a consultant for American Medical Systems, Minnetonka, MN; Continence Control Systems, Sydney, NSW, Australia; and Materna Inc., San Francisco, CA; accepted speaker's fees from General Electric Medical Ultrasound, Sydney, NSW, Australia; American Medical Systems; and Astellas, Tokyo, Japan; and has benefited from equipment loans provided by General Electric; Bruel and Kjaer, Gentofte, Denmark; and Toshiba, North Ryde, NSW, Australia. A. Z. and K. L. S. report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Khunda A, Shek KL, Dietz HP. Can ballooning of the levator hiatus be determined clinically? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:246.e1-4.