Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Vaginal vault dehiscence after hysterectomy.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009; 16: 313-317
- Comparison of coagulation modalities in surgery.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 1998; 8: 381-394
- Incidence and patient characteristics of vaginal cuff dehiscence after different modes of hysterectomies.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2007; 14: 311-317
- Incidence and characteristics of patients with vaginal cuff dehiscence after robotic procedures.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 114: 231-235
- A prospective comparison of vaginal stump suturing techniques during total laparoscopic hysterectomy.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010; 282: 631-638
- Robot assisted laparoscopic radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy with short and long term morbidity data.Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 113: 185-190
- Patient selection and surgical technique may reduce major complications of laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2006; 13: 306-310
- Does training laparoscopic skills in a virtual reality simulator improve surgical performance?.J Endourol. 2010; 24: 1845-1849
- The pig as a model for human wound healing.Wound Repair Regen. 2001; 9: 66-76
- Comparison of wound-healing characteristics with feedback circuit electrosurgical generators in a porcine model.Am Surg. 2003; 69: 1054-1060
- Effects of thermal knives on wound healing.Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 66: 436-439
- Wound healing and the immune response in swine treated with a hemostatic bandage composed of salmon thrombin and fibrinogen.J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2009; 20: 2155-2166
- Confocal Raman microspectroscopy of stratum corneum: a pre-clinical validation study.Int J Cosmet Sci. 2008; 30: 47-56
- Gross and histologic characteristics of laparoscopic injuries with four different energy sources.Fertil Steril. 2001; 75: 806-810
- Histologic characteristics of electrosurgical injuries.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 1997; 4: 201-206
- Characteristics of adequate electrosurgical current.Am J Surg. 1932; 18: 417-441
- In vivo effect of five French bipolar and monopolar electrosurgical probes on the porcine bladder.J Urol Res. 1990; 18: 291-294
- Physiologic mechanism of the ultrasonically activated scalpel.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 1996; 3: 601-608
Funding was provided to the Telerobotics and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery program at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS) through a research grant from Medical Research and Material Command , Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center . This is a minor modification to a study approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, USUHS, Protocol OBG-09-576, at the Uniformed Services University.
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or US Government.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Gruber DD, Warner WB, Lombardini ED, et al. Laparoscopic hysterectomy using various energy sources in swine: a histopathologic assessment Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;205:494.e1-6.