Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Clinical guideline 44.www.nice.org.uk/CG044(Accessed Nov. 9, 2010)Date: January 2007
- Epidemiology of menstrual disorders in developing countries: a systematic review.BJOG. 2004; 111: 6-16
- Endometrial ablation with Novasure GEA, a pilot study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2003; 82: 65-68
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States 1990-1997.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 99: 229-234
- The impact of endometrial ablation on hysterectomy rates in women with benign uterine conditions in the United States.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2002; 18: 625-634
- The HydroThermAblator system for management of menorrhagia in women with submucous myomas: 12- to 20-month follow up.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2003; 10: 521-527
- Evaluation of Hydro ThermAblator for endometrial destruction in patients with menorrhagia.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 1999; 6: 275-278
- Endometrial hydrothermablation: a comparison of short-term clinical effectiveness in patients with normal endometrial cavities and those with intracavitary pathology.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2005; 12: 144-149
- Histological studies of the effects of circulating hot saline on the uterus before hysterectomy.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 1999; 6: 269-273
- Hysteroscopic endometrial ablation using free heated saline for the treatment of menorrhagia.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2000; 7: 311-316
- A multicenter evaluation of endometrial ablation by Hydro ThermAblator and rollerball for treatment of menorrhagia.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2001; 8: 359-367
- Evaluation of HydroThermAblator and rollerball endometrial ablation for menorrhagia 3 years after treatment.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2003; 10: 505-511
- Hydrothermal ablation: assessment of a new simple method for treatment of uncontrolled menorrhagia.Gynecol Endosc. 2002; 11: 111-117
- Development and validation of the menorrhagia outcomes questionnaire.BJOG. 1998; 105: 766-779
- Interventional procedure guidance 51.http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11080/30924/30924.pdf(Accessed Nov. 9, 2010)Date: March 2004
- Endometrial resection and ablation versus hysterectomy for heavy menstrual bleeding.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; 2 (CD000329)
- Probability of hysterectomy after endometrial ablation.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1214-1220
- Office endometrial ablation with local anesthesia using the HydroThermAblator system: comparison of outcomes in patients with submucous myomas with those with normal cavities in 246 cases performed over 5(1/2) years.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009; 16: 700-707
- Financial and quality of life burden of dysfunctional uterine bleeding among women agreeing to obtain surgical treatment.Womens Health Issues. 2009; 19: 70-78
- Efficacy of laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy in the management of menorrhagia: 400 consecutive cases.BJOG. 2008; 115: 742-748
- A cost-utility analysis of microwave and thermal balloon ablation techniques for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding.BJOG. 2004; 111: 1103-1114
Cite this article as: Kopeika J, Edmonds SE, Mehra G, et al. Does hydrothermal ablation avoid hysterectomy? Long-term follow-up. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:207.e1-8.
Reprints not available from the authors.