Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Adult vaginitis.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 24: 407-438
- Bacterial vaginosis and anaerobes in obstetric-gynecologic infection.Clin Infec Dis. 1993; 16: S282-S287
- The vaginal microbial ecosystem and resistance to HIV.AIDS. 1998; 14: 17-21
- Vaginal lactobacilli, microbial flora, and risk of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and sexually transmitted disease acquisition.J Infect Dis. 1999; 180: 1863-1868
- Bacterial vaginosis: review of treatment options and potential clinical indications for therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 1999; 28: S57-S65
- Effectiveness of two tinidazole regimens in treatment of bacterial vaginosis: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 302-309
- Non-specific vaginitis: diagnostic and microbial and epidemiological associations.Am J Med. 1983; 74: 14-22
- Diagnosis and clinical manifestations of bacterial vaginosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 819-828
- Reliability of diagnosing bacterial vaginosis is improved by a standardized method of Gram stain interpretation.J Clin Microbiol. 1991; 29: 297-301
- Detection of Trichomonas vaginalis in pregnant women with the InPouch TV system.J Clin Microbiol. 1993; 31: 1016-1018
- ”Non-specific vaginitis,” vulvovaginal candidiasis, and trichomoniasis clinical features, diagnosis and management.Curr Clin Top Infec Dis. 1983; 4: 281-315
- The polymicrobial hypothesis of bacterial vaginosis causation: a reassessment.Int J STD AIDS. 2008; 19: 152-154
- Comparison of tinidazole given as a single dose and on 2 consecutive days for the treatment of nonspecific bacterial vaginosis.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1988; 26: 313-317
- Seven day metronidazole versus single dose tinidazole as therapy for nonspecific vaginitis.J Med Assoc Thai. 1990; 73: 283-287
- Comparative trial of metronidazole versus tinidazole in the treatment of nonspecific vaginitis.Rev Esp Obstet Ginecol. 1985; 44: 717-720
- Efficacy of the combination of 2 g oral tinidazole and acidic buffering vaginal gel in comparison with vaginal clindamycin alone in bacterial vaginosis: a randomized, investigator-blinded, controlled trial.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2003; 19: 67-71
Supported by the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health, Grant no. R01AI058033; tinidazole was provided by Mission Pharmacal Company, San Antonio, TX.
Cite this article as: Schwebke JR, Desmond RA. Tinidazole vs metronidazole for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:211.e1-6.