Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: state of the art, 2000.(Toronto)in: 2000: 5-9
- SOGC clinical practice guidelines: the management of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2002; 24: 817-831
- Drugs in pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 1128-1137
Food and Drug administration US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services, Talk Paper, June 9, 1983.
Federal Register /Vol. 64, No 152/August 9, 1999/Notes, Determination that Bendectin was not withdrawn from sale for reasons of safety or effectiveness.
- Measuring drug effectiveness by default: the case of Bendectin.Can J Public Health. 1995; 86: 66-70
- Bendectin and birth defects, II: ecological analyses.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2003; 67: 79-87
- Bendectin and birth defects, I: a metaanalysis of the epidemiologic studies.Teratology. 1994; 50: 27-37
- A method for meta-analysis of epidemiological studies.Drug Intell Clin Pharm. 1988; 22: 813-824
- Diclectin Product Monograph, 2008.(Duchesnay Inc. Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties) Canadian Pharmacists Association, Ottawa ON2010
- Pharmacokinetic comparison of a delayed-release combination of doxylamine succinate and pyridoxine hydrochloride (Diclectin) and oral solutions of these drugs in healthy women of childbearing age.Can J Clin Pharmacol. 2009; 16: e400-e406
- Motherisk-PUQE (pregnancy-unique quantification of emesis and nausea) scoring system for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S228-S231
- Validation studies of the pregnancy unique-quantification of emesis (PUQE) scores.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2005; 25: 241-244
- Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: using the 24-hour pregnancy-unique quantification of emesis (PUQE-24) scale.J Obstet Gynecol Can. 2009; 31: 803-807
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG practice bulletin no 52: nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. 2004;103:803-15
- Medical, social, and legal implications of treating nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S262-S266
- Factors associated with elective termination of pregnancy among Canadian and American women with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2001; 22: 7-12
- Psychosocial morbidity among women with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: prevalence and association with anti-emetic therapy.J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2000; 21: 129-136
- A prospective study of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.Br J Gen Pract. 1993; 43: 245-248
- The impact of nausea and vomiting on women: a burden of early pregnancy.Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol. 2000; 40: 397-401
- Bendectin: review of the medical literature of a comprehensively studied human nonteratogen and the most prevalent tortogen-litigen.Reprod Toxicol. 1995; 9: 337-349
- Bringing scholarship to the courtroom: the Daubert decision and its impact on the Teratology Society.Teratology. 1995; 52: 247-251
- Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: the problem of perception—is it really a disease?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S182-S183
- Bendectin/diclectin for morning sickness: a Canadian follow-up of an American tragedy.Reprod Toxicol. 1995; 9: 1-6
- Diclectin therapy for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: effects of optimal dosing.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2003; 25: 830-833
- The safety of higher than standard dose of doxylamine succinate-pyridoxine hydrochloride (Diclectin) for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.J Clin Pharmacol. 2001; 41: 842-845
- Long-term neurodevelopment of children exposed to maternal nausea and vomiting of pregnancy and diclectin.J Pediatr. 2009; 155: 45-50
- Measuring outpatient outcomes of emesis and nausea management in pregnant women.Manag Care. 2004; 13: 48-52
- Epidemiology of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: prevalence, severity, determinants, and the importance of race/ethnicity.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2009; 9: 26
- The burden of illness of severe nausea and vomiting of pregnancy in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: S220-S227
The study was supported by Duchesnay Inc. , Blainville, QC, Canada, and executed by Premier Research Group, Philadelphia, PA. Clinical Trial Registration no. NCT00614445.
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of National Institute for Child Health and Development, National Institutes of Health, or Human Health Services.
Cite this article as: Koren G, Clark S, Hankins GDV, et al. Effectiveness of delayed-release doxylamine and pyridoxine for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: a randomized placebo controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;203:571.e1-7.