Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic organ prolapse in the Women's Health Initiative: gravity and gravidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 1160-1166
- Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 501-506
- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse: current status and future perspectives.Curr Opin Urol. 2005; 15: 256-262
- Pelvic Organ Support Study (POSST): the distribution, clinical definition, and epidemiologic condition of pelvic organ support defects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 795-806
- Vaginal versus abdominal reconstructive surgery for the treatment of pelvic support defects: a prospective randomized study with long-term outcome evaluation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1418-1422
- Vaginal surgical approach to vaginal vault prolapse: considerations of anatomic correction and safety.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 15: 435-437
- Sacrospinous vault suspension and abdominal colposacropexy: success rates and complications.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 612-616
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; 4 (CD004014)
- The International Continence Society Committee on Standardization of Terminology, Subcommittee on Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: the standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Correlation of symptoms with location and severity of pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 1332-1338
- Four-contrast defecography: pelvic “floor-scopy.”.Dis Colon Rectum. 1995; 38: 695-699
- Magnetic resonance imaging of pelvic floor relaxation: dynamic analysis and evaluation of patients before and after surgical repair.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 82: 883-891
- An MRI comparison of anatomical changes related to surgical treatment of prolapse by vaginal or abdominal route.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2005; 121: 220-225
- MRI findings following laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy.Clin Radiol. 2005; 60: 333-339
- Vaginal configuration on MRI after abdominal sacrocolpopexy and sacrospinous ligament suspension.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2001; 12: 375-380
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the perineum and pelvic floor.Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2001; 12: 83-92
- Female pelvic organ prolapse: a comparison of triphasic dynamic MR imaging and triphasic fluoroscopic cystocolpoproctography.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000; 174: 81-88
- Grading pelvic prolapse and pelvic floor relaxation using dynamic magnetic resonance imaging.Urology. 1999; 54: 454-457
- Association of compartment defects in pelvic floor dysfunction.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1999; 172: 439-444
- Dynamic cystoproctography of female pelvic floor defects and their interrelationships.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1997; 169: 769-774
- Dynamic cystoproctography: a unifying diagnostic approach to pelvic floor and anorectal dysfunction.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1997; 169: 759-767
- Dynamic MR imaging compared with evacuation proctography when evaluating anorectal configuration and pelvic floor movement.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1997; 169: 775-779
- Patterns of prolapse in women with symptoms of pelvic floor weakness: assessment with MR imaging.Radiology. 1997; 203: 77-81
- Dynamic MR colpocystorectography assessing pelvic-floor descent.Eur Radiol. 1997; 7: 1309-1317
- Magnetic resonance imaging of pelvic organ prolapse.Abdom Imaging. 2002; 27: 660-673
- Pelvic floor descent in women: dynamic evaluation with fast MR imaging and cinematic display.Radiology. 1991; 179: 25-33
- Assessment and grading of pelvic organ prolapse by use of dynamic magnetic resonance imaging.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 71-77
- Pelvic floor descent in females: comparative study of colpocystodefecography and dynamic fast MR imaging.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1999; 9: 373-377
- Functional cine magnetic resonance imaging in women after abdominal sacrocolpopexy.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 97: 81-85
Hale DS, Kelvin FM, Benson JT. Magnetic resonance imaging vs dynamic cystoproctography vs physical examination in patients with pelvic organ prolapse. American Urogynecologic Society Annual Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA, October 14, 1999.
- The standardization of terminology for researchers in female pelvic floor disorders.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2001; 12: 178-186
Supported by a grant from Ethicon Inc (Somerville, NJ) Women's Health and Urology.
Cite this article as: Kasturi S, Lowman J, Kelvin FM, et al. Pelvic magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of the efficacy of the Prolift system for pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;203:504.e1-5.