Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic; report on a WHO consultation; WHO technical report series 894.World Health Organization, Geneva2000
- Increases in morbid obesity in the USA: 2000-2005.Public Health. 2007; 121: 492-496
- Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 235-241
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Maternal outcomes in pregnancy complicated by obesity.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 1357-1364
- Obesity, obstetric complications and cesarean delivery rate–a population-based screening study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 1091-1097
- Obesity and obstetric anesthesia: review article.Anaesthesia. 2006; 61: 36-48
- Excessive maternal weight and pregnancy outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 167: 353-372
- Obesity as an independent risk factor for infectious morbidity in patients who undergo cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 959-964
- Massive maternal obesity and perioperative cesarean morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 170: 560-565
- Obstetric outcomes associated with increase in BMI category during pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 928-932
- Management of obesity in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 419-433
- Prepregnancy weight and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 147-152
- Anesthesia-related mortality in Michigan 1972-1984.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 159: 187-193
- Incidence and characteristics of failures in obstetric neuraxial analgesia and anesthesia: a retrospective analysis of 19,259 deliveries.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2004; 13: 227-233
- Resident training in obstetric anesthesia in the United States.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2006; 15: 284-289
- A prospective audit of regional anesthesia failure in 5080 cesarean sections.Anaesthesia. 2008; 63: 822-832
- Obstetric anesthesia outcome in obese and non-obese parturients undergoing cesarean delivery: an observational study.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2009; 18: 221-225
- Parturient's posture during epidural puncture affects the distance from skin to epidural space.J Clin Anesth. 1995; 7: 1-4
- The effect of patient position and obesity on the spread of epidural anesthesia.Int J Obstet Anesth. 1993; 2: 134-136
- Anesthetic and obstetric outcome in morbidly obese parturients.Anesthesiology. 1993; 79: 1210-1218
- The role of anesthesia in surgical mortality.JAMA. 1961; 178: 261
- The ASA classification of physical status: a recapitulation.Anesthesiology. 1978; 49: 233
- Obstetric anesthesia.in: Gabbe S.G. Niebyl J.R. Goetzl L. Obstetrics: normal and problem pregnancies. 5th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2007: 396-421
- Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2005: 2328 Miller's anesthesia. 6th ed.
- Complications of anesthesia for cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 281-287
- Anesthesia.in: Why mothers die, 1979-2002 Sixth report on confidential inquiries into maternal deaths in the United Kingdom. RCOG Press, London2004: 122-133
- Anesthesia-related deaths during obstetric delivery in the United States; 1979-90.Anesthesiology. 1997; 86: 277-284
- A comparison of obstetric and non-obstetric anesthesia malpractice claims.Anesthesiology. 1991; 74: 242-249
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Vricella LK, Louis JM, Mercer BM, et al. Anesthesia complications during scheduled cesarean delivery for morbidly obese women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;203:276.e1-5.