Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: preliminary data for 2007.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2009
- Risk of respiratory morbidity in term infants delivered by elective caesarean section: cohort study.BMJ. 2008; 336: 85-87
- Timing of scheduled cesarean delivery in patients on a teaching versus private service: adherence to American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists guidelines and neonatal outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 577-582
- Neonatal respiratory morbidity and mode of delivery at term: influence of timing of elective caesarean section.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1995; 102: 101-106
- Cesarean section, gestational age, and transient tachypnea of the newborn: timing is the key.Am J Perinatol. 2005; 22: 377-382
- Timing of elective repeat cesarean delivery at term and neonatal outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 111-120
- Neonatal respiratory morbidity risk and mode of delivery at term: influence of timing of elective caesarean delivery.Acta Paediatr. 2004; 93: 643-647
- Timing of planned repeated caesarean section: an enigma.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007; 27: 798-801
- Respiratory distress following elective repeat cesarean section.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 143: 689-692
- Prevention of iatrogenic neonatal respiratory distress syndrome: elective repeat cesarean section and spontaneous labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 143: 186-189
- ACOG educational bulletin: assessment of fetal lung maturity, No. 230, November 1996.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1997; 56: 191-198
- Healthcare cost and utilization project (HCUP) state inpatient databases (SID) 2007.Accessed Feb. 1, 2010)
- Consumer price index.Accessed Jan. 31, 2010)
- Risk of uterine rupture and adverse perinatal outcome at term after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 801-807
- The impact of medical legal risk on obstetrician-gynecologist supply.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 1296-1302
Financial support was provided by the Clinical and Translational Science K12 Award, Medical University of South Carolina .
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Robinson CJ, Villers MS, Johnson DD, et al. Timing of elective repeat cesarean delivery at term and neonatal outcomes: a cost analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:632.e1-6.