Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Estimates of the world-wide prevalence of cancer for 25 sites in the adult population.Int J Cancer. 2002; 97: 72-81
- American cancer society guideline for human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine use to prevent cervical cancer and its precursors.CA: Cancer J Clin. 2007; 57: 7-28
- A situational analysis of cervical cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean.Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization, Washington, DC2004
- Ethnicity and cancer in Guyana, South America.Infectious Agents and Cancer. 2009; 4 (Accessed Dec. 13, 2009): S7
- Summary report on HPV and cervical cancer in Guyana 2007: statistical.World Health Organization, Barcelona, Spain2007
- SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2000.(Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute)Accessed Jan. 16, 2010)
- Achievable laboratory standards; a review of cytology of 99 women with cervical cancer.Cytopathology. 1998; 9: 171-177
- Process of care failures in invasive cervical cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis.Prev Med. 2007; 45: 93-106
- Cervical cancer in women with comprehensive health care access: attributable factors in the screening process.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 675-683
- Simply not there: the impact of international migration of nurses and midwives: perspectives from Guyana.J Midwifery Women's Health. 2007; 52: 392-397
- 2006 consensus guidelines for the management of women with abnormal cervical cancer screening tests.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 346-355
- 2001 Consensus Guidelines for the management of women with cervical cytological abnormalities.JAMA. 2002; 287 ([see comment]): 2120-2129
- 2006 consensus guidelines for the management of women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia or adenocarcinoma in situ.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 340-345
- Prevalence of HPV infection among females in the United States.JAMA. 2007; 297: 813-819
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus infection among women in Concordia, Argentina: a population-based study.Sex Transm Dis. 2003; 30: 593-599
- Prevalence and distribution of high-risk human papilloma virus (HPV) types in invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix and in normal women in Andhra Pradesh, India.BMC Infect Dis. 2005; 5: 116
- Worldwide distribution of human papillomavirus types in cytologically normal women in the International Agency for Research on Cancer HPV prevalence surveys: a pooled analysis.Lancet. 2005; 366: 991-998
- Variations in the age-specific curves of human papillomavirus prevalence in women worldwide.Int J Cancer. 2006; 119: 2677-2684
- High prevalence of human papillomavirus type 58 in Chinese women with cervical cancer and precancerous lesions.J Med Virol. 1999; 59: 232-238
- HPV genotypes in CIN 2-3 lesions and cervical cancer: a population-based study.Int J Cancer. 2007; 121: 2682-2687
- Genotype distribution of cervical human papillomavirus DNA in women with cervical lesions in Bioko, Equatorial Guinea.Diagn Pathol. 2009; 4: 31
- The 2001 Bethesda system: terminology for reporting results of cervical cytology.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2114-2119
Supported by the University of Virginia Center for Global Health , Pfizer/Ellison Center for Global Health Fellowship and University of Virginia Center for Global Health , National Institutes of Health Fogarty Framework grant, and Rotary International .
Cite this article as: Kightlinger RS, Irvin WP, Archer KJ, et al. Cervical cancer and human papillomavirus in indigenous Guyanese women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:626.e1-7.