Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Banting lecture 1988: role of insulin resistance in human disease.Diabetes. 1988; 37: 1595-1607
- Metabolic syndrome in childhood: association with birth weight, maternal obesity, and gestational diabetes mellitus.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e290-e296
- Effect of diabetes in pregnancy on offspring: follow-up research in the Pima Indians.J Matern Fetal Med. 2000; 9: 83-88
- WHO fact sheet no. 311. Obesity and overweight.www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311(Accessed Dec. 1, 2009)Date: September 2006
- Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic; report of a WHO consultation.WHO technical report series 894. World Health Organization, Geneva2000
- High body mass index for age among US children and adolescents, 2003-2006.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2401-2405
- Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 1047-1053
- National diabetes statistics, 2007 fact sheet.US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD2008
- Increasing prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) over time and by birth cohort: Kaiser Permanente of Colorado GDM screening program.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 579-584
- Intrauterine exposure to diabetes conveys risks for type 2 diabetes and obesity: a study of discordant sibships.Diabetes. 2000; 49: 2208-2211
- Long-term effects of the intrauterine environment, birth weight, and breast-feeding in Pima Indians.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: B138-B141
- Overweight and the metabolic syndrome in adult offspring of women with diet-treated gestational diabetes mellitus or type 1 diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 2464-2470
- Screening for gestational diabetes mellitus: a systematic review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 766-775
- Effect of treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus on pregnancy outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2477-2486
- A multicenter, randomized trial of treatment for mild gestational diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1339-1348
- Fetal growth and perinatal viability in California.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 59: 624-632
- Mild gestational diabetes in pregnancy and the adipoinsular axis in babies born to mothers in the ACHOIS randomized controlled trial.BMC Pediatr. 2007; 7: 18
- Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1991-2002
Reprints not available from the author.