Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- National vital statistics reports; births: final data for 2006.January 7, 2009Accessed April 21, 2009)
- Home births in the United States: ACOG statement of policy.(Washington, DC)Accessed April 21, 2009)
- Position statement: home birth.Accessed April 21, 2009)
- Position on midwifery.Accessed April 21, 2009)
- Guide to completing the facility worksheets for the certificate of live birth and report of fetal death (2003 revision).(March 2003 (updated March 2006))Accessed July 6, 2009)
- An evaluation of process and protocols for planned home birth attended by regulated midwives in British Columbia.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2003; 48: 138-146
- Outcomes of planned home births in Washington State: 1989-1996.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 100: 253-259
- Guidelines for client selection in the home birth midwifery practice.J Nurse Midwifery. 1995; 40: 508-521
- Overview of maternal morbidity during hospitalization for labor and delivery in the United States 1993-1997 and 2001-2005.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 1075-1081
- Midwife-led versus other models of care for childbearing women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; 4 (CD004667)
- Outcomes of planned home births with certified professional midwives: large prospective study in North America.BMJ. 2005; 330: 1416
- Outcomes of planned home births versus planned hospital births after regulation of midwifery in British Columbia.CMAJ. 2002; 166: 315-323
- Does a pregnant woman's intended place of birth influence her attitudes toward and occurrence of obstetric interventions?.Birth. 2004; 31: 28-33
- Home versus hospital deliveries: follow up study of matched pairs for procedure and outcome.BMJ. 1996; 313: 1313-1318
- Women's memories of home-birth 3-5 years on.Br J Midwifery. 1997; 5: 208-211
- A psychosocial analysis of women planning birth outside hospital.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002; 22: 143-149
- Planned and unplanned home births and hospital births in Calgary, Alberta, 1984-87.Public Health Rep. 1989; 104: 373-377
- Staying home to give birth: why women in the United States choose home birth.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2009; 54: 119-126
- Licensed midwife-attended, out-of-hospital births in Washington State: are they safe?.Birth. 1994; 21: 141-148
- Outcome of planned home and planned hospital births in low risk pregnancies: prospective study in midwifery practices in the Netherlands.BMJ. 1996; 313: 1309-1313
- A matched cohort study of planned home and hospital births in Western Australia 1981-1987.Midwifery. 1994; 10: 125-135
- Outcome of planned home births compared to hospital births in Sweden between 1992 and 2004: a population-based register study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008; 87: 751-759
- Evidence-based labor and delivery management.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: 445-454
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2581-2589
- NIH state of the science conference statement on cesarean delivery on maternal request.NIH Consens Sci Statements. 2006; 23 (Accessed April 21, 2009): 1-29
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Wax JR, Pinette MG, Cartin A, et al. Maternal and newborn morbidity by birth facility among selected United States 2006 low-risk births. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:152.e1-5.