Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The intrauterine device (IUD)—worth singing about.Progress in Reproductive Health Research, World Health Organization. 2002; 60: 1-8
- Long-term reversible contraception twelve years of experience with the TCu380A and TCu220C.Contraception. 1997; 56: 341-352
- Mechanisms of the contraceptive action of hormonal methods and intrauterine devices (IUDs).Family Health International, 2006
- IUDs block fertilization.Network Family Health International. 1996; : 16
- Mechanisms of action of intrauterine devices: update and estimation of postfertilization effects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 1699-1708
- 6aIUDs and ectopic pregnancy.Contraception. 1995; 52: 321-322
- 6bOutcomes of pregnancy with an IUD in situ - a population based case-control study.Adv Contracept. 1988; : 265-270
- Ectopic pregnancy risk when contraception fails.J Reprod Med. 2002; 47: 881-885
- Two cases of abortion and premature birth after removal of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2002; 7: 244-246
- Pregnancy outcome with removal of intrauterine device.Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 41: 894-896
- Pill, IUD users run no increased risk of ectopics, malformation, miscarriage in planned pregnancies.Fam Plann Perspect. 1980; 12: 156-157
- Do contraceptive methods pose fetal risks?.Res Front Fertil Regul. 1985; 3: 1-11
- Pregnancy despite IUD: adverse effects on pregnancy evolution and fetus.Contraception. 2003; 68: 35-38
- Ectopic IUD complicating pregnancy.J Reprod Med. 2002; 47: 57-59
- The evaluation of 318 intrauterine pregnancy cases with an intrauterine device.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2005; 10: 266-271
- Selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use.2nd ed. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2004
- Uterine rupture: differences between a scarred and an unscarred uterus.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 425-429
- Chorioamnionitis increases neonatal morbidity in pregnancies complicated by preterm premature rupture of membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1162-1166
- Introduction to categorical data analysis.in: John Wiley, New York1996: 231-236
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with intrauterine device contraceptive failure.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: s111
- Interval insertion of intrauterine device in women with previous cesarean section.Contraception. 1984; 30: 209-214
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Ganer H, Levy A, Ohel I, et al. Pregnancy outcome in women with an intrauterine contraceptive device. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;201:381.e1-5.