Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Evidence-based surgery for cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1607-1617
- State-of-the-science conference statement: cesarean delivery on maternal request March 27-29, 2006.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 1386-1397
- Evaluation of cesarean delivery.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC2000
- A simplified preinduction scoring method for the prediction of successful vaginal delivery based on multivariate analysis of pelvic and other obstetrical factors.J Perinat Med. 1993; 21: 117-124
- Combined logistic and bayesian modeling of cesarean section risk.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 2029-2034
- Risk factors for cesarean delivery at presentation of nulliparous patients in labor.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 1352-1357
- Bishop score and risk of cesarean delivery after induction of labor in nulliparous women.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 690-697
- Bishop score: a poor diagnostic test to predict failed induction versus vaginal delivery.South Med J. 1998; 91: 248-252
- Obesity and mode of delivery in primigravid and multigravid women.Am J Perinatol. 2008; 25: 163-167
- Impact of labor induction, gestational age, and maternal age on cesarean delivery rates.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 287-293
- Application of artificial neural network-based survival analysis on two breast cancer datasets.AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2007; 11: 130-134
- Prediction of fetal macrosomia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 166: 1467
- Neural network predicts fetal hematocrit in fetal isoimmunization.J Matern Fetal Med. 1993; 2: 261-264
- Assessment of nonstress test results.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 172: 1372
- A multicenter comparative study of 17 experts and an intelligent computer system for managing labor using the cardiotocogram.Br J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 102: 688
- Predicting the duration of the first stage of spontaneous labor using a neural network.J Matern Fetal Med. 1996; 5: 256-261
- Computerized fetal heart rate analysis and neural networks in antepartum fetal surveillance.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 8: 119-122
- Neural network prediction of nonstress test results: how often should we perform nonstress tests?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 173: 1128-1131
This study was supported by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA.
Cite this article as: Al Housseini A, Newman T, Cox A, et al. Prediction of risk for cesarean delivery in term nulliparas: a comparison of neural network and multiple logistic regression models. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;201:113.e1-6.
Reprints not available from the authors.