Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- A six-year study of surgical teaching and skills evaluation for obstetric/gynecologic residents in porcine and inanimate surgical models.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 2056-2061
- Proficiency maintenance: impact of ongoing simulator training on laparoscopic skill retention.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202: 599-603
- Construct validity of a laparoscopic surgical simulator.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202: 779-787
- Preliminary technique of laparoscopic extraperitoneal infrarenal paraaortic lymphadenectomy in the porcine model.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 1998; 5: 283-287
- Accuracy and safety of laparoscopic lymphadenectomy: an experimental prospective randomized study.Gynecol Oncol. 1997; 67: 83-87
- Learning curves for transperitoneal laparoscopic and extraperitoneal endoscopic paraaortic lymphadenectomy.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2000; 7: 51-53
- Getty R. Sisson and Grossman's the anatomy of the domestic animals, vol. 2. 5th ed. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia1975: 1268-1282 (1297-303, 1306-42, 1343-58)
- Results, complications and surgical indications of the Florida pouch.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1991; 173: 289-296
The laboratory sessions were supported by Covidien, Norwalk, CT.
Cite this article as: Hoffman MS, Ondrovic LE, Wenham RM, et al. Evaluation of the porcine model to teach various ancillary procedures to gynecologic oncology fellows. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;201:116.e1-3.