Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Limitations of clinical and sonographic estimates of birth weight: experience with 1034 parturients.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 91: 72-77
- Clinical and sonographic estimation of fetal weight performed during labor by residents.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 1407-1409
- Clinical and ultrasound estimation of birth weight prior to induction of labor at term.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 29: 304-309
- A comparison of clinical and ultrasonic estimation of fetal weight.Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 91: 212-217
- Reliability of ultrasound estimation of fetal weight in term singleton pregnancies.N Z Med J. 2006; 119: U2146
- A systematic review of the ultrasound estimation of fetal weight.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 25: 80-89
- A review of sonographic estimate of fetal weight: vagaries of accuracy.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005; 18: 211-220
- ACOG Practice Bulletin, clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 951-961
- Elective induction versus spontaneous labor after sonographic diagnosis of fetal macrosomia.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 492-496
- Suspicion and treatment of the macrosomic fetus: a review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 332-346
- Fetal macrosomia.2000 (Washington, DC)
- Duration of labor induction in nulliparous women at term: how long is long enough?.Am J Perinatol. 2008; 25: 205-209
- Sonographic diagnosis of the large for gestational age fetus at term: does it make a difference?.Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 79: 55-58
- Suspected macrosomia?.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008; 278: 225-230
Cite this article as: Blackwell SC, Refuerzo J, Chadha R, et al. Overestimation of fetal weight by ultrasound: does it influence the likelihood of cesarean delivery for labor arrest? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;200:340.e1-340.e3.
Reprints not available from the authors.