Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mesodermal tumor) of the uterus: a Gynecologic Oncology Group pathologic study of 203 cases.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 1990; 9: 1-19
- The significance of epithelial differentiation in mixed mesodermal tumors of the uterus: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study.Am J Surg Pathol. 1990; 14: 317-328
- Endometrial carcinosarcomas have a different prognosis and pattern of spread compared to high-risk epithelial endometrial cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2005; 98: 274-280
- Carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mullerian (mesodermal) tumor) of the female genital tract: immunohistochemical and ultrastructural analysis of 28 cases.Hum Pathol. 1993; 24: 132-142
- Uterine carcinosarcoma is derived from a single stem cell: an in vitro study.Int J Cancer. 1997; 72: 821-827
- Prognostic factors in uterine carcinosarcoma: a clinicopathologic study of 25 patients.Cancer. 1998; 82: 512-519
- Carcinosarcoma of the uterus: immunohistochemical and genetic analysis of clonality of one case.Gynecol Oncol. 2001; 82: 563-567
- Uterine carcinosarcomas (malignant mixed Mullerian tumors) are metaplastic carcinomas.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2002; 12: 687-690
- ERBB-2 gene overexpression and amplification in uterine sarcomas.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 95: 583-587
- EGFR expression and HER2/neu overexpression/amplification in endometrial carcinosarcoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 100: 101-106
- Biologic targets for therapeutic intervention in endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma and malignant mixed mullerian tumors.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194 (discussion 1126-8): 1119-1126
- Malignant mixed mesodermal tumor after tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 95: 264-266
- Endometrial histopathology in 700 patients treated with tamoxifen for breast cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2000; 78: 181-186
- Is there an association between long-term tamoxifen treatment and the development of carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed Mullerian tumor) of the uterus?.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 1995; 5: 310-313
- Endometrial pathologies associated with postmenopausal tamoxifen treatment.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 94: 256-266
- Tamoxifen treatment for breast cancer and risk of endometrial cancer: a case-control study.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 375-384
- Uterine carcinosarcomas in patients receiving tamoxifen: a report of 19 cases.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2000; 10: 280-284
- Malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the uterus in a patient taking raloxifene.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 1278-1280
- Immunocytochemical localization of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in the human reproductive organs.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 4835-4840
- Molecular mechanisms of oestrogen and SERMs in endometrial carcinogenesis.Nat Rev Cancer. 2006; 6: 360-368
- Molecular determinants for the tissue specificity of SERMs.Science. 2002; 295: 2465-2468
- Expression analysis of estrogen receptor alpha coregulators in breast carcinoma: evidence that NCOR1 expression is predictive of the response to tamoxifen.Clin Cancer Res. 2003; 9: 1259-1266
- Estrogen signaling via a linear pathway involving insulin-like growth factor I receptor, matrix metalloproteinases, and epidermal growth factor receptor to activate mitogen-activated protein kinase in MCF-7 breast cancer cells.Endocrinology. 2007; 148: 4091-4101
- Mechanisms of tamoxifen resistance: increased estrogen receptor-HER2/neu cross-talk in ER/HER2-positive breast cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 926-935
- Serum CA125 predicts extrauterine disease and survival in uterine carcinosarcoma.Gynecol Oncol. 2007; 107: 513-517
- Well-differentiated endometrial adenocarcinomas and poorly differentiated mixed mullerian tumors have altered ER and PR isoform expression.Oncogene. 2001; 20: 6965-6969
- Expression of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in two uterine mesenchymal tumors after prolonged tamoxifen therapy: report of two cases.Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2004; 25: 530-533
- Overexpression of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor and activation of the AKT pathway in hyperplastic endometrium.Clin Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 6373-6378
- Reflections on the discovery and significance of estrogen receptor beta.Endocr Rev. 2005; 26: 465-478
- Uterine carcinosarcoma: immunohistochemical studies on tissue microarrays with focus on potential therapeutic targets.Gynecol Oncol. 2007; 105: 138-144
- Tamoxifen resistance in breast tumors is driven by growth factor receptor signaling with repression of classic estrogen receptor genomic function.Cancer Res. 2008; 68: 826-833
- A prospective evaluation of insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I as risk factors for endometrial cancer.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 921-929
- Characterization of a newly established uterine carcinosarcoma cell line featuring the sarcomatous phenotype of the tumor in vitro.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008; 18: 339-344
Reprints not available from the authors.
Dr Huang is an NCI-NICHD Scholar of the Reproductive Scientist Development Program supported by NIH Grant 5K12HD00849.
Cite this article as: Huang GS, Arend RC, Li M, et al. Tissue microarray analysis of hormonal signaling pathways in uterine carcinosarcoma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;200:457.e1-457.e5.