Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Multiple gestation: complicated twin, triplet, and high-order multifetal pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 869-883
- Delivery of the term twin.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2004; 18: 625-630
- Randomized management of the second nonvertex twin: vaginal delivery or cesarean section.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 156: 52-56
- Intrapartum management of twin gestation.Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 65: 119-124
- Management of the nonvertex second twin: primary cesarean section, external version, or primary breech extraction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 111-114
- Cesarean delivery for twins: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 220-227
- Planned caesarean section versus planned vaginal birth for breech presentation at term: a randomized multicentre trial.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1375-1383
- The influence of mode of delivery on twin neonatal mortality in the US: variance by birth weight discordance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 252-256
- Birth order, gestational age, and risk of delivery related to perinatal death in twins: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2002; 325: 1004-1008
This study was supported by the Friends of Prentice Distinguished Physician Award.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Cite this article as: Peaceman AM, Kuo L, Feinglass J. Infant morbidity and mortality associated with vaginal delivery in twin gestations. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;200:462.e1-462.e6.