Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Shortcomings in the evaluation of students' clinical skills and behaviors in medical school.Acad Med. 1999; 74: 842-849
- Assessing physical examination skills of senior medical students: knowing how versus knowing when.Acad Med. 2003; 78: S30-S32
- Assessment of clinical competence using objective structured examination.Br Med J. 1975; 1: 447-451
- Simulated and standardized patients in OSCEs: achievements and challenges 1992-2003.Med Teach. 2003; 25: 262-270
- The assessment of clinical competence in obstetrics and gynaecology in two medical schools by an objective structured clinical examination.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1993; 100: 842-846
- Techniques for measuring clinical competence: objective structured clinical examinations.Med Educ. 2004; 38: 199-203
- Educational programs in US medical schools, 2002-2003.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1190-1196
Common Program Requirements: General Competencies: Approved by the ACGME Board Feb. 13, 2007 [Internet]. Chicago: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. c2000-2008 [cited May 13, 2008]. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/outcome/comp/GeneralCompetenciesStandards21307.pdf. Accessed June 1, 2008.
- Development of an evaluation of medical student competence in evidence-based medicine using a computer-based OSCE station.Teach Learn Med. 2006; 18: 267-272
- Between a rock and a hard place: finding a place for the OSCE in medical education.Med Educ. 2002; 36: 408-409
- Assessing professionalism in the context of an objective structured clinical examination: an in-depth study of the rating process.Med Educ. 2007; 41: 331-340
- Physician scores on a national clinical skills examination as predictors of complaints to medical regulatory authorities.JAMA. 2007; 298: 993-1001
- Set up and run an objective structured clinical exam.BMJ. 1995; 310: 1187-1190
- Validity of final examinations in undergraduate medical training.BMJ. 2000; 321: 1217-1219
- The Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) in the clinical clerkship: an overview.S D J Med. 1997; 50: 153-156
- Can student tutors act as examiners in an objective structured clinical examination?.Med Educ. 2007; 41: 1032-1038
- Implementation of a novel Web-based objective structured clinical evaluation.Surgery. 2006; 140: 206-211
- The effects of examiner background, station organization, and time of exam on OSCE scores assessing undergraduate medical students' physical examination skills.Acad Med. 2000; 75: S96-S98
Association for Standardized Patient Educators [Internet]. New Orleans: Association of Standardized Patient Educators; c2008 [cited 2008 August]. Available from: http://www.aspeducators.org.
- Objectivity in objective structured clinical examinations: checklists are no substitute for examiner commitment.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 219-223
- Comparison of a rational and an empirical standard setting procedure for an OSCE: objective structured clinical examinations.Med Educ. 2003; 37 (Erratum in: Med Educ 2003;37:574): 132-139
- A comparison of standard-setting procedures for an OSCE in undergraduate medical education.Acad Med. 2000; 75: 267-271
- Using borderline methods to compare passing standards for OSCEs at graduation across three medical schools.Med Educ. 2007; 41: 1024-1031
- The passing score in the objective structured clinical examination.Med Educ. 1996; 30: 345-348
- Benefiting from clinical experience: the influence of learning style and clinical experience on performance in an undergraduate objective structured clinical examination.Med Educ. 2000; 34: 530-534
- The influence of testing context and clinical rotation order on students' OSCE performance.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 597-601
- Effect of student ethnicity on interpersonal skills and objective standardized clinical examination scores.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 96: 1011-1013
- Can written communication skills be tested in an objective structured clinical examination format?.Acad Med. 2002; 77: 82-86
- Can specialists and generalists teach clinical skills to second-year medical students with equal effectiveness?.Acad Med. 2002; 77: 1030-1033
- Can standardized patients replace physicians as OSCE examiners?.BMC Med Educ. 2006; 6: 12
- The relationship between second-year medical students' OSCE scores and USMLE Step 1 scores.Med Teach. 2002; 24: 535-539
- Traditional finals and OSCEs in predicting consultant and self-reported clinical skills of PRHOs: a pilot study.Med Educ. 2003; 37 (Erratum in: Med Educ 2003;37:1058): 597-602
- Validity of objective tests towards peer-rated competence by students.Med Teach. 2003; 25: 273-276
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the US Department of Defense, the US Department of Health and Human Services, or the US government.