Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Presence of fetal DNA in maternal plasma and serum.Lancet. 1997; 350: 485-487
- Prediction of fetal D status from maternal plasma: introduction of a new noninvasive fetal RHD genotyping service.Transfusion. 2002; 42: 1079-1085
- Fetal DNA in maternal plasma: biology and diagnostic applications.Clin Chem. 2000; 46: 1903-1906
- Prenatal detection of a cystic fibrosis mutation in fetal DNA from maternal plasma.Prenat Diagn. 2002; 22: 946-948
- Prenatal exclusion of β-thalassaemia major by examination of maternal plasma.Lancet. 2002; 360: 998-1000
- Quantitative abnormalities of fetal DNA in maternal serum in preeclampsia.Clin Chem. 1999; 45: 184-188
- Cell-free fetal DNA concentration in plasma of patients with abnormal uterine artery Doppler waveform and intrauterine growth restriction—a pilot study.Prenat Diagn. 2003; 23: 367-371
- Maternal plasma fetal DNA as a marker for preterm labour.Lancet. 1998; 352: 1904-1905
- Cell-free fetal DNA is increased in plasma of women with hyperemesis gravidarum.Clin Chem. 2001; 47: 2164-2165
- Evaluation of cell-free fetal DNA as a second-trimester maternal serum marker of Down syndrome pregnancy.Clin Chem. 2003; 49: 239-242
- Optimized real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006; 1075: 347-349
- Optimized real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma.Clin Chem. 2005; 51: 1598-1604
- Outcomes of severe pre-eclampsia/ eclampsia in Yorkshire 1999/2003.BJOG. 2005; 112: 875-880
- Eclampsia in the United Kingdom.BMJ. 1994; 309: 1395-1400
- Identification of fetal growth retardation: comparison of Doppler waveform indices and serial ultrasound measurements of abdominal circumference and fetal weight.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 82: 230-236
- Elevation of both maternal and fetal extracellular circulating deoxyribonucleic acid concentrations in the plasma of pregnant women with preeclampsia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 414-419
- Two-stage elevation of cell-free fetal DNA in maternal sera before onset of preeclampsia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 707-713
- Hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count (HELLP) syndrome as a complication of preeclampsia in pregnant women increases the amount of cell-free fetal and maternal DNA in maternal plasma and serum.Clin Chem. 2002; 48: 650-653
- Do women with pre-eclampsia, and their babies, benefit from magnesium sulphate?.Lancet. 2002; 359: 1877-1890
- Management of fetal growth restriction.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal. 2007; 92: 62-67
- Maternal serum activin A, inhibin A, and follistatin in pregnancies with appropriately grown and small-for-gestational-age fetuses classified by umbilical artery Doppler ultrasound.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 283-287
- Regression using fractional polynomials of continuous covariates: parsimonious parametric modelling (with discussion).Appl Statist. 1994; 43: 429-467
- How to construct ‘normal ranges’ for fetal variables.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 11: 30-38
- A method for estimating age-specific reference intervals (‘normal ranges’) based on fractional polynomials and exponential transformation.J Roy Statist Soc. 1998; 161: 79-101
- Quantitative analysis of fetal DNA in maternal plasma and serum: implications for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis.Am J Hum Genet. 1998; 62: 768-775
- Free fetal DNA in maternal plasma in anembryonic pregnancies: confirmation that the origin is the trophoblast.Prenat Diagn. 2007; 27: 415-418
- Cell-free fetal DNA maternal circulation does not stem from transplacental passage fetal erythroblast.Mol Hum Reprod. 2002; 8: 864-870
- Fetal growth velocity: a cautionary tale.Lancet. 1999; 353: 1460
- Cell-free fetal DNA in the plasma of pregnant women with severe fetal growth restriction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 480-484
- Noninvasive prenatal detection of fetal trisomy 18 by epigenetic allelic ratio analysis in maternal plasma: theoretical and empirical considerations.Clin Chem. 2006; 52: 2194-2202
This study was funded by the European SAFE Network of Excellence.
Cite this article as: Alberry MS, Maddocks DG, Hadi MA, et al. Quantification of cell free fetal DNA in maternal plasma in normal pregnancies and pregnancies with placental dysfunction. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009;200:98.e1-98.e6.
Reprints not available from the authors.