Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hysterectomy surveillance—United States 1994-1999.MMWR. 2002; 51: 1-8
- Changes in rates of hysterectomy and uterine conserving procedures for treatment of uterine leiomyoma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196 (discussion 601.e5-6): 601.e1-601.e5
- Uterine artery embolization for treatment of leiomyomata: long-term outcomes from the FIBROID Registry.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 22-33
- Uterine artery embolisation for symptomatic fibroids: clinical results in 400 women with imaging follow up.BJOG. 2002; 109: 1262-1272
- Uterine fibroids: uterine artery embolization versus abdominal hysterectomy for treatment—a prospective, randomized, and controlled clinical trial.Radiology. 2003; 226: 425-431
- Evaluation of the effect of uterine artery embolisation on menstrual blood loss and uterine volume.BJOG. 2004; 111: 700-705
- Predictors of hysterectomy after uterine artery embolization for leiomyoma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 588.e1-588.e6
- The Ontario Uterine Fibroid Embolization Trial, part 2: uterine fibroid reduction and symptom relief after uterine artery embolization for fibroids.Fertil Steril. 2003; 79: 120-127
- Uterine artery embolization versus hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids: 2 years' outcome from the randomized EMMY trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 519.e1-519.e11
- Uterine-artery embolization versus surgery for symptomatic uterine fibroids.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 360-370
- Hysterectomy for complications after uterine artery embolization for leiomyoma: results of a Canadian multicenter clinical trial.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2003; 10: 99-106
- Pelvic organs in premenarcheal girls: real-time ultrasonography.Radiology. 1984; 153: 113-116
- Uterine artery embolization for the treatment of uterine leiomyomata midterm results.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 1999; 10: 1159-1165
- Uterine artery embolisation for symptomatic fibroids: the effect of the large uterus on outcome.BJOG. 2004; 111: 239-242
- Persistent vaginal discharge after uterine artery embolization for fibroid tumors: cause of the condition, magnetic resonance imaging appearance, and surgical treatment.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 1230-1233
- Ovarian artery embolization supplementing uterine embolization for leiomyomata.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2003; 14: 1177-1182
- Frequency and extent of uterine perfusion via ovarian arteries observed during uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 188: 1558-1563
- Uterine fibroid embolization: the utility of aortography in detecting ovarian artery collateral supply.Radiology. 2007; 244: 291-298
- Long-term outcome of uterine artery embolization of leiomyomata.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 933-939
Cite this article as: Park AJ, Bohrer JC, Bradley LD, et al. Incidence and risk factors for surgical intervention after uterine artery embolization. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:671.e1-671.e6.
Reprints not available from the authors.