Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Distribution of genital tract trauma in childbirth and related postnatal pain.Birth. 1999; 26: 11-15
- Routine vs selective episiotomy: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 1993; 342: 1517-1522
- Normal labor and delivery.in: Gabbe S.G. Niebyl J.R. Simpson J.L. Obstetrics: normal and problem pregnancies. 5th ed. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, Philadelphia2007: 303-317
- Primary sphincter repair: are the results of the operation good enough?.Dis Colon Rectum. 2004; 47: 18-23
- Teaching and testing surgical skills.Am J Surg. 1993; 165: 358-361
- Development of an objective structured assessment of technical skills for obstetrics and gynecology residents.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 96: 146-150
- Development of a bench station objective structured assessment of technical skills.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 98: 412-416
- Testing surgical skills of obstetrics and gynecology residents in a bench laboratory setting: validity and reliability.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 1462-1470
- Cunningham F.G. Gant N.F. Leveno K.J. Gilstrap L.C. Hauth J.C. Wenstrom K.D. Williams obstetrics. 21st ed. McGraw-Hill, New York2001
- Episiotomy, repair of fresh obstetric lacerations, and symphysiotomy.in: Nichols D.H. Clarke-Pearson D.L. Gynecologic, obstetric, and related surgery. 2nd ed. Mosby, St Louis2000: 1066-1080
- Fecal incontinence and rectovaginal fistulas.in: Rock J.A. Thompson J.D. TeLinde's operative gynecology. 8th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia1997: 1207-1236
Davis G. Beef tongue obstetrical laceration model. In: Teaching model manual. Presented at the American Urogynecologic Society Postgraduate Course: Teaching and evaluating surgical skills, Atlanta, GA, September 2005.
- Objective structured assessment of technical skills for episiotomy repair.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 1257-1260
- Effects of an educational workshop on performance of fourth-degree perineal laceration repair.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 289-294
Cite this article as: Siddiqui NY, Stepp KJ, Lasch SJ, et al. Objective structured assessment of technical skills for repair of fourth-degree perineal lacerations. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:676.e1-676.e6.
Reprints not available from the authors.