Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 501-506
- Lifetime risk of surgical management for pelvic organ prolapse or urinary incontinence.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2008; 19: 437-440
- Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2000.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1723-1727
- Are smoking and other lifestyle factors associated with female urinary incontinence?.BJOG. 2003; 110: 247-254
- Pelvic organ prolapse in the Women's Health Initiative: gravity and gravidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 1160-1166
- Laparoscopic surgery in obese women with endometrial cancer.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2000; 7: 83-88
- The influence of body mass index on the prevalence of complications after vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004; 83: 85-88
- Obesity and retropubic surgery for stress incontinence: is there really an increased risk of intraoperative complications?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 1794-1798
- Surgery for stress incontinence: factors associated with a successful outcome.Br J Urol. 1998; 82: 634-641
- Body mass index and outcome of tension-free vaginal tape.Eur Urol. 2003; 43: 288
- Long-term efficacy of Burch colposuspension: a 14-year follow-up study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2005; 84: 767-772
- A randomized trial of colpopexy and urinary reduction efforts (CARE): design and methods.Control Clin Trials. 2003; 24: 629-642
- Abdominal sacrocolpopexy with Burch colposuspension to reduce urinary stress incontinence.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1557-1566
- Rating chronic medical illness burden in geropsychiatric practice and research: application of the Cumulative Illness Rating Scale.Psych Res. 1992; 41: 237
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Psychometric evaluation of 2 comprehensive condition-specific quality of life instruments for women with pelvic floor disorders.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 1388-1395
- Reliability of health-related quality-of-life measures 1 year after surgical procedures for pelvic floor disorders.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 780-788
- The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36).Med Care. 1992; 30: 473-483
- Physical and Mental Health Summary Scales: a manual for users of version 1.Quality Metric, Inc, Lincoln, RI2001
- Two-year outcomes after sacrocolpopexy with and without Burch to prevent stress urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 49-55
- Body mass index and outcome of incontinence surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 93: 753-756
- Urinary stress incontinence in obese women: tension-free vaginal tape is the answer.BJU Int. 2001; 88: 881-883
- Natural history of pelvic organ prolapse in postmenopausal women.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 848-854
- Urinary incontinence in elderly women: findings from the Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 301-307
- Weight loss: a novel and effective treatment for urinary incontinence.J Urol. 2005; 174: 190-195
- Factors associated with incontinence frequency in a surgical cohort of stress incontinent women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 2088-2093
- Risk factors for female anal incontinence: new insight through the Evanston-Northwestern twin sisters study.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 726-732
Cite this article as: Bradley CS, Kenton KS, Richter HE, et al. Obesity and outcomes after sacrocolpopexy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:690.e1-690.e8.
Reprints not available from the authors.
This study was supported by Grants from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (U01 HD41249, U10 HD41268, U10 HD41248, U10 HD41250, U10 HD41261, U10 HD41263, U10 HD41269, and U10 HD41267).