Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Pelvic organ support study (POSST): the distribution, clinical definition, and epidemiologic condition of pelvic organ support defects.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 795-806
- Vaginal wall descensus and pelvic floor symptoms in older women.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 106: 759-766
- Predictive value of prolapse symptoms: a large database study.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2005; 16: 203-209
- Pelvic organ descent and symptoms of pelvic floor disorders.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 53-57
- Correlation of symptoms with location and severity of pelvic organ prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 1332-1337
- Female sexual function and pelvic floor disorders.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 1045-1052
- Short forms of two condition-specific quality-of-life questionnaires for women with pelvic floor disorders (PFDI-20 and PFIQ-7).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 103-113
- A 12-item short-form health survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Posterior vaginal prolapse and bowel function.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 1446-1449
- Pelvic symptoms in women with pelvic organ prolapse.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 982-988
- Pelvic organ prolapse in older women: prevalence and risk factors.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 489-497
Cite this article as: Gutman RE, Ford DE, Quiroz LH, et al. Is there a pelvic organ prolapse threshold that predicts pelvic floor symptoms? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:683.e1-683.e7.
Reprints not available from the authors.
This study was supported in part by Grant K23HD045806 from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.