Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Variation in estimates of urinary incontinence prevalence in the community: Effects of differences in definition, population characteristics, and study type.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1998; 46: 473-480
- Annual direct cost of urinary incontinence.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 98: 398-406
- Signs of genital prolapse in a Swedish population of women 20 to 59 years of age and possible related factors.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 299-305
- Hysterectomy in the United States, 1988-1990.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 83: 549-555
- Cost of pelvic organ prolapse surgery in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 98: 646-651
- Urinary incontinence after vaginal delivery or cesarean section.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 900-907
- Effect of vaginal delivery on the pelvic floor: A 5-year follow-up.Br J Surg. 1990; 77: 1358-1360
- The appearance of levator ani muscle abnormalities in magnetic resonance images after vaginal delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 46-53
- Computed tomography comparison of bony pelvis dimensions between women with and without genital prolapse.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 93: 229-232
- Architectural differences in the bony pelvis of women with and without pelvic floor disorders.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 1283-1290
- Levator ani muscle stretch induced by simulated vaginal birth.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 103: 31-40
- An integrated visualization system for surgical planning and guidance using image fusion and an open MR.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2001; 13: 967-975
- Two and 3 dimensional MRI comparison of levator ani structure, volume and integrity in women with stress incontinence and prolapse.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 11-19
- GNU Triangulated Surface Library.(2004)Accessed July 13, 2004)
- Extraction of boundary representation from surface triangulations.Int J Numer Methods Eng. 2001; 50: 1737-1758
- Delaunay approach to the generation of tetrahedral finite element meshes.Int J Numer Methods Eng. 2001; 50: 1681-1700
- A three-dimensional explicit element-free Galerkin method.Int J Numer Methods Fluids. 1997; 24: 1253-1270
- A 3-D model of muscle reveals the causes of nonuniform strains in the biceps brachii.J Biomech. 2005; 38: 657-665
Cite this article as: Hoyte L, Damaser MS, Warfield SK, et al. Quantity and distribution of levator ani stretch during simulated vaginal childbirth. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:198.e1-198.e5.
Reprints not available from the authors.
Dr Hoyte is now with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL.