Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Is laparoscopic hysterectomy a waste of time?.Lancet. 1995; 345: 36-41
- Hysterectomy outcomes in patients with similar indications.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 95: 787-793
- Vaginal hysterectomy for enlarged uteri, with or without laparoscopic assistance: randomised study.Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 97: 712-716
- Challenging generally accepted contraindications to vaginal hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 1386-1391
- The VALUE national hysterectomy study: description of the patients and their surgery.BJOG. 2002; 109: 302-312
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States 1990-1997.Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 99: 229-234
- Vaginal hysterectomy for the woman with a moderately enlarged uterus weighing 200 to 700 grams.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 1337-1344
- Clinical indications for hysterectomy route: patient characteristics or physicians preference?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 173: 1452-1460
- Guidelines for the selection of the route of hysterectomy: application in resident clinic population.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 1521-1527
- High-burst strength, feedback-controlled bipolar vessel sealing.Surg Endosc. 1998; 12: 876-878
- Randomised clinical trial of Ligasure versus open haemorrhoidectomy.Br J Surg. 2002; 89: 154-157
- Use of a computer-controlled bipolar diathermy system in radical prostatectomies and other open urological surgery.Aust N Z J Surg. 2001; 71: 538-540
- A novel technique for parenchymal division during hepatectomy.Am J Surg. 2001; 181: 236-237
- Use of the LigaSure vessel sealer in total abdominal hysterectomy.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2005; 89: 303-304
- Safety and efficacy of using the LigaSure vessel sealing system for securing the pedicles in vaginal hysterectomy: randomised controlled trial.BJOG. 2005; 112: 329-333
- Electrosurgical bipolar vessel sealing during vaginal hysterectomy.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2005; 91: 243-245
- Painless vaginal hysterectomy with thermal hemostasis (results of a series of 152 cases).Gynecol Surg. 2005; 2: 101-105
- Vaginal hysterectomy by electrosurgery (an extraperitoneal approach).J Obstet Gynecol India. 2001; 51: 162-164
- Vaginal hysterectomy: a new approach using bicoagulation forceps.Gynecol Surg. 2004; 1: 179-182
- Advanced technology in the management of haemorrhoids: stapling, Laser, harmonic scalpel and ligasure.J Gastrointest Surg. 2002; 6: 299-301
- Simplified vaginal hysterectomy: a pioneer approach.N J Med. 1997; 34: 33-39
- Morbidity of vaginal hysterectomy for benign tumors as a function of uterine weight.J Reprod Med. 2003; 48: 435-440
- Vaginal hysterectomy for the large uterus.BJOG. 1996; 103: 246-251
- Comparative study of vaginal, laparoscopically assisted vaginal and abdominal hysterectomies for uterine myoma larger than 6 cm in diameter or uterus weighing at least 450 g: a prospective randomized study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2002; 81: 1132-1138
- Abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy for enlarged uteri: a randomized clinical trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 187: 1561-1565
- Abdominal hysterectomy for the enlarged myomatous uterus compared with vaginal hysterectomy with morcellation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 1579-1583
- Costs and charges associated with three alternative techniques of hysterectomy.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 476-482
- Abdominal hysterectomy versus transvaginal morcellation for the removal of enlarged uteri.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 171: 309-315
- Complications of vaginal hysterectomy under “difficult” circumstances.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 1991; 249: 209-212
- Vaginal hysterectomy with and without morcellation: the University of New Mexico Hospital's experience.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 560-563
Edwards SD, Peirce SC, Crawford DC. Electrosurgical vessel sealing systems. UK market survey. NHS–Purchasing and Supply Agency–Centre for Evidence-based Purchasing Report 06008. March 2006.
Cite this article as: Mistrangelo E, Febo G, Ferrero B, et al. Safety and efficacy of vaginal hysterectomy in the large uterus with the LigaSure bipolar diathermy system. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;199:475.e1-475.e5.
Reprints not available from the authors.