Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Fertility, family planning, and women’s health: New data from the 1995 National Survey of Family Growth: National Center for Health Statistics.Vital Health Stat. 1997; : 23
- Adherence to medication.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 487-497
- Contraceptive use among adolescent mothers at six months postpartum.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 89: 999-1000
- Adolescents’ compliance with the use of oral contraceptives.JAMA. 1987; 257: 3377-3381
- Oral contraceptive pill use after an initial visit to a family planning clinic.Fam Plann Perspect. 1991; 23: 150-154
- Use and misuse of oral contraceptives: risk indicators for poor pill taking and discontinuation.Contraception. 1995; 51: 286-288
- Oral contraceptive discontinuation: a prospective evaluation of frequency and reasons.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 577-582
- Quick start: a novel oral contraceptive initiation method.Contraception. 2002; 66: 141-145
Westhoff C, Heartwell S, Edwards S, Zieman M, Cushman L, Kalmuss D. Oral contraceptives: quick start versus conventional start: Association of Reproductive Health Professionals’ (ARHP) 43rd Annual Conference. Reprod Health [In press].
- Using a health behavior model to predict oral contraceptive continuation.Contraception. 2003; 68 ([abstract]): 139-155
- Bleeding patterns after immediate versus conventional oral contraceptive initiation: a randomized controlled trial.Fertil Steril. 2003; 79: 322-329
- Depressive symptoms and Depo-Provera.Contraception. 1998; 57: 237-240
Davis A, O’Connell K. Oral contraceptives, side effects, and depression in adolescent girls. Contraception [In press].
- Hormonal contraceptives and libido.Dialogues in Contraception. 2005; 9: 5-8
This work was supported by National Institutes of Health grant 1RO1-HD42413.
Cite this article as: Westhoff CL, Heartwell S, Edwards S, et al. Oral contraceptive discontinuation: Do side effects matter? Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007;196:412.e1-412.e7.