Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2002.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2003; 52: 1-114
- Trends in preterm birth and neonatal mortality among blacks and whites in the United States from 1989 to 1997.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 154: 307-315
- Very low birth weight outcomes of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Neonatal Research Network, January 1993 through December 1994.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 179: 1632-1639
- Obstetrical determinants of neonatal survival: antenatal predictors of neonatal survival and morbidity in extremely low birth weight infants.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 665-669
Perinatal Care at the Threshold of Viability. Clinical Management Guidelines for Obstetrician-Gynecologists. September 2002. Number 38.
- Infection and labor, V: prevalence, microbiology, and clinical significance of intraamniotic infection in women with preterm labor and intact membranes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1989; 161: 817-824
- Placental pathologic findings in preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 165: 934-938
- Intrauterine infection and preterm delivery.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1500-1507
- Maternal periodontitis and prematurity: part I, obstetric outcome of prematurity and growth restriction.Ann Periodontol. 2001; 6: 164-174
- Periodontal disease and upper genital tract inflammation in early spontaneous preterm birth.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 777-783
- Association between preterm birth and increased maternal plasma cortisol concentrations.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 84: 521-524
- The preterm prediction study: maternal stress is associated with spontaneous preterm birth at less than thirty-five weeks' gestation. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1286-1292
- Maternal plasma corticotropin-releasing hormone associated with stress at 20 weeks' gestation in pregnancies ending in preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: S257-S263
- Maternal prenatal anxiety and corticotropin-releasing hormone associated with timing of delivery.Psychosom Med. 2004; 66: 762-769
- Interleukins-1, -4, -6, -10, tumor necrosis factor, transforming growth factor-beta, FAS, and mannose-binding protein C gene polymorphisms in Australian women: risk of preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 2056-2067
- Polymorphisms of genes involved in innate immunity: association with preterm delivery.Mol Hum Reprod. 2004; 10: 911-915
- An investigation into the association among preterm birth, cytokine gene polymorphisms and periodontal disease.BJOG. 2004; 111: 125-132
- The repetition of spontaneous preterm labour.BJOG. 1985; 92: 921-928
- Epidemiology of preterm birth: results from a longitudinal study of births in Norway.in: Elder L.S. Hendricks C.H. Preterm labor. Butterworth, London1981: 17-46
- The preterm prediction study: a clinical risk assessment system.Am J Obstet and Gynecol. 1996; 174: 1885-1895
- The preterm prediction study: prediction of preterm premature rupture of the membranes using clinical findings and ancillary testing.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 738-745
- The preterm prediction study: effect of gestational age and cause of preterm birth on subsequent obstetric outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 181: 1216-1221
- The preterm prediction study: significance of vaginal infections.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 173: 1231-1235
- The length of the cervix and the risk of spontaneous premature delivery.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 567-572
- The preterm prediction study: fetal fibronectin testing and spontaneous preterm birth. NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units Network.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 643-648
- The preterm prediction study: the value of new versus standard risk factors in predicting early and all spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 233-238
- The preterm prediction study: toward a multiple-marker test for spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185: 643-651
- The preterm prediction study: the value of serum alkaline phosphatase, alpha-fetoprotein, plasma corticotropin-releasing hormone, and other serum markers for the prediction of spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 186: 990-996
- The preterm prediction study: association between cervical interleukin 6 concentration and spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 483-488
- What we have learned about the predictors of preterm birth.Semin Perinatol. 2003; 27: 185-193
Supported by grants from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (HD21410, HD21414, HD27860, HD27861, HD27869, HD27883, HD27889, HD27905, HD27915, HD27917, HD19897, HD36801, HD34208, and HD40544), and the Department of Reproductive Biology, Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center.
Presented at the Twenty-Fourth Annual Meeting of the American Gynecological and Obstetrical Society, September 29 through October 1, 2005, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Reprints not available from the authors.