Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Data analysis: carcinoma of the corpus uteri.J Epidemiol Biostat. 2001; 6: 52-89
- Retinoids and their receptors in differentiation, embryogenesis, and neoplasia.FASEB J. 1991; 5: 2924-2933
- Interactions of retinoids and transforming growth factor in regulation of cell differentiation and proliferation.Mol Endocrinol. 1991; 5: 3-7
- Aberrant retinoid signaling and breast cancer: the view from outside the nucleus.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 438-440
- Dietary factors and the risk of endometrial cancer.Cancer. 1993; 71: 3575-3581
- Metastatic adenocarcinoma of the endometrium treated with 13-cis-retinoic acid plus interferon-alpha.Anticancer Drugs. 1993; 4: 335-337
- State of differentiation affects the response of endometrial adenocarcinoma cells to retinoic acid.Anticancer Res. 1997; 17: 1973-1983
- Retinoic acid receptor beta expression and growth inhibition of gynecologic cancer cells by the synthetic retinoid N-(4-hydroxyphenyl) retinamide.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1998; 90: 597-605
- Retinoic acid receptors and retinoid binding proteins in endometrial adenocarcinoma: differential expression of cellular retinoid binding proteins in endometrioid tumours.Int J Cancer. 1995; 64: 253-263
- A decade of molecular biology of retinoic acid receptors.FASEB J. 1996; 10: 940-954
- Cellular transport and metabolism of vitamin A: roles of the cellular retinoid-binding proteins.Nutr Rev. 1994; 52: S24-S31
- Vitamin A: recent advances in the biotransformation, transport, and metabolism of retinoids.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2001; 17: 184-192
- Anti-retinoic acid (RA) antibody binding to human premalignant oral lesions, which occurs less frequently than binding to normal tissue, increases after 13-cis-RA treatment in vivo and is related to RA receptor beta expression.Cancer Res. 1995; 55: 5507-5511
- Esterification of all-trans-retinol in normal human epithelial cell strains and carcinoma lines from oral cavity, skin and breast: reduced expression of lecithin:retinol acyltransferase in carcinoma lines.Carcinogenesis. 2000; 21: 1925-1933
- Cellular retinol-binding protein expression and breast cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 475-480
- Role of alcohol dehydrogenases in steroid and retinoid metabolism.Adv Exp Med Biol. 1997; 414: 321-329
- Interactions of retinoid binding proteins and enzymes in retinoid metabolism.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999; 1440: 139-162
- Families of retinoid dehydrogenases regulating vitamin A function: production of visual pigment and retinoic acid.Eur J Biochem. 2000; 267: 4315-4324
- Activity of human 11-cis-retinol dehydrogenase (Rdh5) with steroids and retinoids and expression of its mRNA in extra-ocular human tissue.Biochem J. 1999; 338: 23-27
- cDNA cloning and characterization of a new human microsomal NAD+-dependent dehydrogenase that oxidizes all-trans-retinol and 3alpha-hydroxysteroids.J Biol Chem. 1998; 273: 19778-19785
- Substrate specificities and 13-cis-retinoic acid inhibition of human, mouse and bovine cis-retinol dehydrogenases.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000; 1476: 3-8
- Further characterization of human microsomal 3a-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase.Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001; 386: 1-10
- The role of retinoic acid in embryonic and post-embryonic development.Proc Nutr Soc. 2000; 59: 65-73
- Retinoid-mediated suppression of tumor invasion and matrix metalloproteinase synthesis.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1999; 878: 466-486
- Role of androgens in the growth of endometrial carcinoma: an in vivo animal model.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 184: 303-308
☆Supported by National Institutes of Health grant No. CA65532 (J. W.).
☆☆Reprint requests: Joanna M. Cain, MD, L-466, OHSU, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Rd, Portland, OR 97201.