Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Substrate and endocrine responses during exercise at selected stages of pregnancy.J Appl Physiol. 1992; 73: 134-142
- Thermoregulatory and metabolic responses to jogging prior to and during pregnancy.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1987; 19: 124-130
- Metabolic and hormonal responses to low impact aerobic dance during pregnancy.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28: 41-46
- The effect of pregnancy on metabolic responses during rest, immersion, and aerobic exercise in the water.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 158: 481-486
- Prolonged exercise in pregnancy: glucose homeostasis, ventilatory and cardiovascular responses.Semin Perinatol. 1996; 20: 315-327
- Exercise during pregnancy and postpartum.(Washington (DC))February 1994 (ACOG Technical Bulletin No.: 189)
- Effects of exercise on dietary protein requirements.Int J Sports Nutr. 1998; 8: 426-447
- Aerobic exercise during pregnancy: special considerations.Sports Med. 1989; 7: 357-375
- Validity/reliability of sweat analysis by whole-body washdown vs. regional collections.J Appl Physiol. 1986; 61: 1967-1971
- Institute of Medicine. Nutrition during pregnancy. : National Academy Press, Washington (DC)1990
- Pulmonary responses to exercise in pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 154: 378-383
- Physiological response to pregnancy at rest and during exercise.J Appl Physiol. 1974; 36: 549-553
- Exercise-induced changes in the concentration of individual fatty acids and triacylglycerols of human plasma.Metabolism. 1995; 44: 681-688
- Effect of maternal exercise on fetal and placental glycogen storage in the mature rat.Can J Appl Physiol. 2000; 25: 443-452
- Glucose-alanine relationship in normal human pregnancy.Metabolism. 1988; 37: 152-158
- Influence of endogenous insulin secretion on splanchnic glucose and amino acid metabolism in man.J Clin Invest. 1971; 50: 1702-1711
- Role of insulin and glucagons in the regulation of hepatic glucose production during exercise.Diabetes. 1979; 28: 71-75
- Amino acid metabolism in man.Annu Rev Biochem. 1975; 44: 933-955
- Effect of exercise on protein utilization during pregnancy [abstract].Can J Appl Sport Sci. 1986; 11 (11P)
- Gender differences in substrate for endurance exercise.J Appl Physiol. 1990; 68: 302-308
- Physiological and endocrine adjustments to pregnancy.in: 2nd ed. Exercise in pregnancy. : Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore1991: 9-29
- The increase in plasma and saliva cortisol levels in pregnancy is not due to the increase in corticosteroid-binding globulin levels.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990; 71: 639-644
- Exercise in pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 140: 123-127
- Effects of exercise on adrenocortical function.J Appl Physiol. 1973; 35: 887-891
- Circulating levels of GH-releasing hormone and GH during human pregnancy.J Endocrinol. 1990; 125: 161-167
- Human and fetal response to graded exercise.J Appl Physiol. 1985; 58: 1719-1722
☆Supported in part by a Nutrition Research Fellowship, Institute of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and an Institute of Nutrition Grant, University of North Carolina System.
☆☆Reprint requests: Raymond C Bessinger, PhD, RD, Department of Human Nutrition, 314 Life Sciences Building, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC 29733.