Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage: diagnosis and initial management Clinical guideline cg154.(Available at:)https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg154/resources/ectopic-pregnancy-and-miscarriage-diagnosis-and-initial-management-pdf-35109631301317Date accessed: January 21, 2019
- Dataset: Vital statistics in the UK: births, deaths and marriages - 2018 update.(Available at:)https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/datasets/vitalstatisticspopulationandhealthreferencetablesDate accessed: January 21, 2019
- The emotional burden of miscarriage for women and their partners: trajectories of anxiety and depression over 13 months.BJOG. 2007; 114: 1138-1145
- Posttraumatic stress disorder after pregnancy loss.General Hospital Psychiatry. 2001; 23: 62-66
- The presence of anxiety, depression and stress in women and their partners during pregnancies following perinatal loss: a meta-analysis.J Affect Disord. 2017; 223: 153-164
- History of pregnancy loss increases the risk of mental health problems in subsequent pregnancies but not in the postpartum.PloS One. 2014; 9e95038
- Controlled prospective study on the mental health of women following pregnancy loss.Am J Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 226-230
- Stress and anxiety-depression levels following first-trimester miscarriage: a comparison between women who conceived naturally and women who conceived with assisted reproduction.BJOG. 2013; 120: 1090-1097
- Does miscarriage affect the father?.J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996; 16: 260-261
- Depressive disorder and grief following spontaneous abortion.BMC Psychiatry. 2016; 16: 100
- Depressive symptoms in women in the six months after miscarriage.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 166: 104-109
- The psychological impact of early pregnancy loss.Hum Reprod Update. 2018; 24: 731-749
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- The validity of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale: an updated literature review.J Psychosom Res. 2002; 52: 69-77
- The validation of a self-report measure of posttraumatic stress disorder: the Posttraumatic Diagnostic Scale.Psychol Assess. 1997; 9: 445-451
- Screening for posttraumatic stress disorder: what combination of symptoms predicts best?.J Nerv Ment Dis. 2007; 195: 1004-1012
- Between- and within-cluster covariate effects in the analysis of clustered data.Biometrics. 1998; 54: 638-645
- Mice: multivariate imputation by chained equations in R.J Stat Softw. 2011; 45: 1-67
- Approximating a DSM-5 diagnosis of PTSD using DSM-IV criteria.Depress Anxiety. 2015; 32: 493-501
- Impact of the diagnostic changes to post-traumatic stress disorder for DSM-5 and the proposed changes to ICD-11.Br J Psychiatry. 2014; 205: 230-235
- Follow-up for improving psychological well being for women after a miscarriage.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 3: CD008679
Supported by Imperial Health Charity grant number 141517 (J.F.); the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Biomedical Research Centre based at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Imperial College London (T.B.); and by FWO (Research Foundation-Flanders; D.T.). The early pregnancy unit at Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospital is supported by the Tommy’s charity.
The sponsors had no role in study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the work for publication. The researchers performed this work independently of the funding sources.
The views expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Farren J, Jalmbrant M, Falconieri N, et al. Posttraumatic stress, anxiety and depression following miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy: a multicenter, prospective, cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020;222:367.e1-22.