Tabulation, Integration, and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Births: final data for 2014.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2015; 64: 1-64
- Exercise, employment, other daily activities and adverse pregnancy outcome.Am J Epidemiol. 1996; 143: 211-218
- Prescription of aerobic exercise during pregnancy.Sports Med. 1989; 8: 273-301
- Beginning regular exercise in early pregnancy: effect on fetoplacental growth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 1484-1488
- Exercise during pregnancy and the gestational age distribution: a cohort study.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: 1067-1074
- Perceived barriers to physical activity among pregnant women.Matern Child Health J. 2009; 13: 364-375
- Prevention of preterm birth in modern obstetrics.Clin Perinatol. 2014; 41: 773-785
Higgins JPT, Altman DG, Sterne JAC. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, version 5.1.0 (update March 2011). The Cochrane Collaboration, 2001. Available at: www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed Dec. 20, 2015.
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
Carpenter MW, Sady SP, Sady MA, Haydon BB, Coustah DR, Thompson PD. Effects of exercise training in midpregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. Presented at the 37th annual meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, St Louis. Missouri, March 21-24,1990;Abstr.497, p. 345.
- Maternal and perinatal effects of hydrotherapy in pregnancy.Revista Brasil Ginecol Obstet. 2003; 25: 53-59
- Does exercise training during pregnancy affect gestational age? A randomized controlled trial.Br J Sports Med. 2008; 42: 674-678
- Water aerobics II: maternal body composition and perinatal outcomes after a program for low risk pregnant women.Reprod Health. 2009; 6: 1
- Exercise in pregnant women and birth weight: a randomized controlled trial.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2011;30; 11: 66
- Supervised exercise-based intervention to prevent gestational weight gain: a randomized controlled trial.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 1388-1397
- A program of exercise throughout pregnancy. Is it safe to mother and newborn?.Am J Health Promot. 2014; 29: 2-8
- Exercise throughout pregnancy does not cause preterm delivery: a randomized, controlled trial.J Phys Act Health. 2014; 11: 1012-1017
- Exercise during pregnancy protects against hypertension and macrosomia: randomized clinical trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 649.e1-649.e8
- Physical activity and exercise during pregnancy and the postpartum period. ACOG Committee opinion 650.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 135-142
- Aerobic exercise for women during pregnancy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; : CD000180
- Effects of interventions in pregnancy on maternal weight and obstetric outcomes: meta-analysis of randomized evidence.BMJ. 2012; 344
- Diet or exercise, or both, for preventing excessive weight gain in pregnancy.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2015; : CD000180
- The effect of supervised prenatal exercise on fetal growth: a meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 1185-1194
- Effect of physical activity during pregnancy on mode of delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 401.e1-401.e11
- Physical activity guidelines for Americans.Department of Health and Human Services, Washington (DC)2008
- Water aerobics in pregnancy: cardiovascular response, labor and neonatal outcomes.Reprod Health. 2008; 5: 10
- Type of delivery is not affected by light resistance and toning exercise training during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 590.e1-590.e6
- Exercise during pregnancy reduces the rate of cesarean and instrumental deliveries: results of a randomized controlled trial.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 2372-2376
The authors report no conflict of interest.