Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 890-901
- Non-invasive chromosomal evaluation (NICE) study: results of a multicenter prospective cohort study for detection of fetal trisomy 21 and trisomy 18.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 137.e1-137.e8
- DNA sequencing of maternal plasma to detect Down syndrome: an international clinical validation study.Genet Med. 2011; 13: 913-920
- Noninvasive prenatal aneuploidy testing of chromosomes 13, 18, 21, X, and Y, using targeted sequencing of polymorphic loci.Prenat Diagn. 2012; 32: 1-9
- Noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal trisomies in a routinely screened first-trimester population.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207: 374.e1-374.e6
- Initial clinical laboratory experience in noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal aneuploidy from maternal plasma DNA samples.Prenat Diagn. 2013; 33: 569-574
- Still a screening test: more attention needed to noninvasive prenatal test false-positive rates.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209: 160-161
Choy KW, Kwok KY, Lau ET, et al. Discordant karyotype results among non-invasive prenatal screening positive cases. American Society of Human Genetics 2013 Meeting. Program Number 20. Boston, MA: Oct. 22-26, 2013.
- Discordant noninvasive prenatal testing and cytogenetic results: a study of 109 consecutive cases.Genet Med. 2015; 17: 234-236
- Noninvasive detection of fetal trisomy 21. Systematic review and report of quality and outcomes of diagnostic accuracy studies performed between 1997 and 2012.Hum Reprod Update. 2013; 19: 318-329
- Integration of noninvasive DNA testing for aneuploidy into prenatal care. What has happened since the rubber met the road?.Clin Chem. 2014; 60: 78-87
- Noninvasive fetal sex determination using cell-free fetal DNA: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 306: 627-636
- Understanding and using sensitivity, specificity and predictive values.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2008; 56: 45-50
Orphanet. Prader-Willi syndrome page. Available at: http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?Lng=GB&Expert=739. Accessed April 16, 2015.
- Cri du chat syndrome.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2006; 1: 33
- Fetal fraction in maternal plasma cell-free DNA at 11-13 weeks’ gestation: effect of maternal and fetal factors.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2012; 31: 237-243
- Accuracy of cytogenetic findings on chorionic villus sampling (CVS)–diagnostic consequences of CVS mosaicism and non-mosaic discrepancy in centers contributing to EUCROMIC 1986-1992.Prenat Diagn. 1997; 17: 801-820
- Discordant noninvasive prenatal testing results in a patient subsequently diagnosed with metastatic disease.Prenat Diagn. 2013; 33: 609-611
Dr Aradhya is currently with Invitae Corporation, Palo Alto, CA.
All authors work (or were working at the time of inception of this study) for a company (J.M.M., E.K.D., L.M., A.A., C.T., D.P.-A., S.A., R.T.K.) or academic institution (A.M.C.) that performs prenatal cytogenetic testing.
Cite this article as: Meck JM, Kramer Dugan E, Matyakhina L, et al. Noninvasive prenatal screening for aneuploidy: positive predictive values based on cytogenetic findings. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:214.e1-5.