Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Epidemiology of endometriosis.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 1997; 24: 235-258
- ESHRE guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis.Hum Reprod. 2005; 20: 2698-2704
- The role of laparoscopy in chronic pelvic pain: promise and pitfalls.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1993; 48: 357-387
- Chronic pelvic pain and quality of life after laparoscopy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007; 132: 214-219
- Impact of endometriosis on quality of life and work productivity: a multicenter study across ten countries.Fertil Steril. 2011; 96: 366-373.e8
- Endometriosis, retrograde menstruation and peritoneal inflammation in women and in baboons.Hum Reprod Update. 2002; 8: 84-88
- Priorities for endometriosis research: recommendations from an international consensus workshop.Reprod Sci. 2009; 16: 335-346
- The use of ultrasound-based ‘soft markers’ for the prediction of pelvic pathology in women with chronic pelvic pain: can we reduce the need for laparoscopy?.BJOG. 2006; 113: 251-256
- Validation study of nonsurgical diagnosis of endometriosis.Fertil Steril. 2001; 76: 929-935
- Revised American Fertility Society classification of endometriosis: 1985.Fertil Steril. 1985; 43: 351-352
- Premenstrual spotting: its association with endometriosis but not luteal phase inadequacy.Fertil Steril. 1980; 33: 605-607
- The relation of endometriosis to menstrual characteristics, smoking, and exercise.JAMA. 1986; 255: 1904-1908
- Reproductive history and endometriosis among premenopausal women.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 104: 965-974
- Epidemiological characteristics in women with and without endometriosis in the Yale series.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008; 277: 389-393
- Endometriosis symptoms and the limitations of pathology-based classification of severity.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1993; 40: S3-S7
- Peritoneal endometriosis, ovarian endometriosis, and adenomyotic nodules of the rectovaginal septum are three different entities.Fertil Steril. 1997; 68: 585-596
- Classification of endometriotic implants by morphologic appearance and capacity to synthesize prostaglandin F.Fertil Steril. 1986; 46: 801-806
- Physiopathological aspects of corpus luteum defect in infertile patients with mild/minimal endometriosis.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2003; 20: 117-121
- The effect of intra-uterine prostaglandin F-2alpha on corpus luteum function in the human.Prostaglandins. 1975; 9: 431-442
- Diagnosis of pelvic endometriosis with use of macroscopic versus histologic findings.Fertil Steril. 2005; 84: 12-15
- High prevalence of endometrial polyps in endometriosis-associated infertility.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 2722-2724.e1
- High frequency of endometrial polyps in endometriosis.J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2003; 10: 46-48
The opinions and assertions contained herein are the views of the authors and not to be construed as official or reflecting those of the Department of Defense or Department of the Army.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Heitmann RJ, Langan KL, Huang RR, et al. Premenstrual spotting of ≥2 days is strongly associated with histologically confirmed endometriosis in women with infertility. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;211:358.e1-6.