Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Clinical practice: pertussis—not just for kids.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1215-1222
- Pertussis vaccination: use of acellular pertussis vaccine among infants and young children: recommendations of the Advisory Council of Immunization Practices (ACIP), 1997.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1997; 46: 1-25
- Trends in pertussis among infants in the United States, 1980-1999.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2968-2975
- Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2009.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2009; 58: 1-52
- Use of diphtheria toxoid-tetanus toxoid-acellular pertussis vaccine as a five-dose series: supplemental recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2000; 49: 1-8
- Prevention of pertussis, tetanus, and diphtheria among pregnant and postpartum women and their infants recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2008; 57: 1-51
- Infant pertussis: who was the source?.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004; 23: 985-989
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2012 Provisional pertussis surveillance report. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/downloads/Provisional-Pertussis-Surveillance-Report.pdf. Accessed May 23, 2013.
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adolescents: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccines recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-34
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ACIP provisional recommendations for pregnant women on use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/provisional/downloads/pregnant-Tdap-use.pdf. Accessed Nov. 1, 2011.
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women: Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (2012).MMWR. 2013; 62: 132-135
- Pertussis and patient safety: implementing Tdap vaccine recommendations in hospitals.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 173-178
- Implementation of cocooning against pertussis in a high-risk population.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: 157-162
- Using computer decision support to increase maternal postpartum tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccination.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 51-57
- Effects of mass media coverage on timing and annual receipt of influenza vaccination among Medicare elderly.Health Serv Res. 2010; 45: 1287-1309
- Influenza among healthy young children: changes in parental attitudes and predictors of immunization during the 2003 to 2004 influenza season.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: e268-e277
- Parental perspectives on influenza vaccination among children with asthma.Public Health Rep. 2006; 121: 181-188
- Influenza vaccinations of young children increased with media coverage in 2003.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: e157-e163
- Use of standing orders programs to increase adult vaccination rates: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2000; (69(RR01):15-26)
- Ten-year durability and success of an organized program to increase influenza and pneumococcal vaccination rates among high-risk adults.Am J Med. 1998; 105: 385-392
- Commentary: anatomy of racial disparity in influenza vaccination.Health Serv Res. 2005; 40: 539-549
- The causes of racial and ethnic differences in influenza vaccination rates among elderly Medicare beneficiaries.Health Serv Res. 2005; 40: 517-537
- Influenza vaccination of household contacts of newborns: a hospital-based strategy to increase vaccination rates.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1070-1073
- How to improve influenza vaccination rates in the US.J Prevent Med Pub Health. 2011; 44: 141-148
- Pertussis immunization in a high-risk postpartum population.Vaccine. 2009; 27: 5599-5602
- Validation of self-report of influenza and pneumococcal vaccination status in elderly outpatients.Am J Prev Med. 1999; 16: 173-177
- Validity of self-reported influenza and pneumococcal vaccination status among a cohort of hospitalized elderly inpatients.Vaccine. 2007; 25: 4775-4783
- Quality of HMO vaccination databases used to monitor childhood vaccine safety: Vaccine Safety DataLink Team.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 149: 186-194
- Designing and implementing a hospital-based vaccine standing orders program.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007; 64: 1096-1102
- Inpatient computer-based standing orders versus physician reminders to increase influenza and pneumococcal vaccination rates: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2366-2371
California Department of Public Health. Pertussis vaccination recommendations 2010. Available at: http://eziz.org/PDF/CDPH%20Pertussis%20Immunization%20Policy%20July%202010.pdf. Accessed May 16, 2012.
Supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , grant number 5U01-IP000192 .
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
Cite this article as: Yeh S, Mink C, Kim M, et al. Effectiveness of hospital-based postpartum procedures on pertussis vaccination among postpartum women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;210:237.e1-6.