Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs).in: Hatcher R.A. Trussell J. Stewart F. Cates Jr, W. Stewart G.K. Guest F. Contraceptive technology. 18th ed. Ardent Media, New York, NY2004: 495-530
- Prolonged intrauterine contraception: a seven-year randomized study of levonorgestrel 20 mcg/day (LNg 20) and the Copper T380 Ag IUDS.Contraception. 1991; 44: 473-480
- Long-term reversible contraception.Contraception. 1997; 56: 341-352
- Levonorgestrel-releasing and copper-releasing (Nova T) IUDs during five years of use: a randomized comparative trial.Contraception. 1994; 49: 56-72
- Selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use.2nd ed. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2004
- The Z technique: an easy approach to the display of the mid-coronal plane of the uterus in volume sonography.J Ultrasound Med. 2006; 25: 607-612
Moschos E, Twickler DM. Does the type of intrauterine device affect conspicuity and position evaluation with 2D and 3D ultrasound imaging? AJR Am J Roentgenol, in press.
- New insights on the mode of action of intrauterine contraceptive devices in women.Fertil Steril. 1988; 49: 768-773
- The mode of action of IUDs.Contraception. 1987; 36: 37-53
- Intrauterine contraception.in: Speroff L. Darney P.D. A clinical guide for contraception. 4th ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2005: 221-257
- Morphological and functional features of endometrial decidualization following long-term intrauterine levonorgestrel delivery.Hum Reprod. 1998; 13: 1218-1224
- Ovarian function in amenorrheic and menstruating users of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device.Fertil Steril. 1984; 41: 52-55
- Ovarian function after seven years' use of levonorgestrel IUD.Adv Contraception. 1995; 11: 85-95
- Intrauterine device failure: relation to its location within the uterine cavity.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 112-114
- The evaluation of 318 intrauterine pregnancy cases with an intrauterine device.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2005; 10: 266-271
- Selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use. 2nd ed. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2004: 145-152
- Outcome of pregnancy in women using an intrauterine device.Lancet. 1974; 303: 495-498
- Imaging of intrauterine contraceptive devices.J Ultrasound Med. 2007; 26: 1389-1401
- Three-dimensional ultrasound detection of abnormally located intrauterine contraceptive devices which are a source of pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 34: 110-115
- Use of three-dimensional ultrasound in evaluating the intrauterine position of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Reprod Biomed Online. 2007; 14 (Accessed April 12, 2010.): 495-497
- Intrauterine device usage and fetal loss.Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 58: 669-677
- Management and outcome of pregnancies associated with the Copper T intrauterine contraceptive device.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1976; 126: 869-879
- Outcomes of pregnancy with an IUD in situ—a population based case control study.Adv Contracept. 1988; 4: 265-270
- Outcome of pregnancy with intrauterine device.Contraception. 1970; 2: 47-57
- Pregnancy outcome with removal of intrauterine device.Obstet Gyncecol. 1973; 41: 894-896
- Intrauterine device.(Practice bulletin no. 59)January 2005
- The prognosis of pregnancies despite the presence of an intrauterine device (IUD).J Perinat Med. 2010; 38: 45-53
Cite this article as: Moschos E, Twickler DM. Intrauterine devices in early pregnancy: findings on ultrasound and clinical outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:427.e1-6.